Thread: webley mk3 dismantling?

webley mk3 dismantling?

when removing the trigger block from the above is there any need to use a spring compressor?,i need to have a look inside and have not done one of these before.any tips would be welcome please.

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    when removing the trigger block from the above is there any need to use a spring compressor?,i need to have a look inside and have not done one of these before.any tips would be welcome please.
    Had a look at the sticky at the top of the section: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ips-%28pt-1%29 ?

thanks for the heads up, i will have a dig and see if i can find the guide. atb. john

I do not think the Webley Mk3 is in the 'Idiots Guide' (unless I have missed it).
    But ... I have a copy of the Manual which covers the strip procedure. Really very easy, except that you need to know that the stud that needs to be removed after removing the stock has a left hand thread ... i.e. unscrews clockwise.
    If you want a copy, PM me or send me an e mail with your e mail address.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I do not think the Webley Mk3 is in the 'Idiots Guide' (unless I have missed it).
    But ... I have a copy of the Manual which covers the strip procedure. Really very easy, except that you need to know that the stud that needs to be removed after removing the stock has a left hand thread ... i.e. unscrews clockwise.
    If you want a copy, PM me or send me an e mail with your e mail address.
    Cheers, Phil
    thanks for the offer phil,i have now completed the task,as you say it is quite a simple procedure.when i am new to a task i like to ask those who have more knowledge.i was very impressed with the build quality of all the parts, the reason for taking it to bits was that i thought it was a bit twangy.after relubing(it was dry)it is still noisy,perhaps they all are? regards, john

My Mk3 is not twangy compared to some more modern stuff. was there much pre-load? did you manage without a spring compessor? Need to strip mine in the near future so be handy to know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc61 View Post
    My Mk3 is not twangy compared to some more modern stuff. was there much pre-load? did you manage without a spring compessor? Need to strip mine in the near future so be handy to know. Thanks
    no need for a spring compressor,remove front trigger guard screw and the two stock screws at the front.remove trigger block bolt(left hand thread).i then,whilst protecting muzzle,placed barrel on the floor and unscrewed trigger block.brace yourself against the pressure from the spring as you get to the end of the thread,you can keep an eye on the progress of the thread through the trigger block bolt hole.remove spring.remove short cocking lever keeper and screw.wiggle out lever from piston and remove. it requires a bit of downward pressure when refitting trigger block but nothing too strenuous.i hope this makes sense and is of assistance. regards, john.

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    no need for a spring compressor,remove front trigger guard screw and the two stock screws at the front.remove trigger block bolt(left hand thread).i then,whilst protecting muzzle,placed barrel on the floor and unscrewed trigger block.brace yourself against the pressure from the spring as you get to the end of the thread,you can keep an eye on the progress of the thread through the trigger block bolt hole.remove spring.remove short cocking lever keeper and screw.wiggle out lever from piston and remove. it requires a bit of downward pressure when refitting trigger block but nothing too strenuous.i hope this makes sense and is of assistance. regards, john.
    Thanks, that just brought my confidence up for when I get to do this