Thread: An Original 1950s Bell Target in its Wooden Case

An Original 1950s Bell Target in its Wooden Case

A working example of a bell target from the 1950s. Hit the centre 3/8" aperture and a disc appears above the bell as the bell rings. It is mounted within its original wooden box, which also houses a light and a buzzer that is wired up to the action of the bell itself. The wiring and transformer all look to be 1950s vintage and if the light/buzzer were to be used, I would recommend rewiring. I haven't personally as I'm no electrician and the internal light was not required anyway. Some of the internal screws have been replaced when the target was last serviced. This target apparently saw service along with 5-6 of its brethren in a Midlands pub/club and was thrown into a skip when the building was refurbished. Luckily a previous owner had the foresight to rescue the target for posterity. The release mechanism works faultlessly every time but the bell occasionally does not ring, so may require slight adjustment. A huge item and I'm not taking it apart again to adjust it! £295 F2F only as this is too big to post. Can be seen working at Bisley either late on a Wednesday afternoon/early evening or at the Imperial trade fair on Saturday 7th July

https://plus.google.com/photos/11396...CIbW8tikvJuAQQ

John

Looks like the one from the Ring o Bells Yardley

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Looks like the one from the Ring o Bells Yardley
    Thanks for that.
    Do you have any detail on the Ring O Bells that would tell us more of this target's history?

John

Team disbanded in the early 1980's pub demolished recently for a housing estate.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Team disbanded in the early 1980's pub demolished recently for a housing estate.
    Thanks for the additional info

Target is still for sale by the way!

John