Thread: A couple of classics

A couple of classics

Sometimes i forget how tiny the old Mk1 is..
    Or how long a Sharp can live...mine died young.

The Sharp Mk2 has spent all its long life in the back of Estate..[Keepers].. vehicles ..holds air forever and has very little pump linkage wear at all.
    I mentioned a long time ago about this relic."The best Sharp i know of " ..post..well this is it ..looks like its been dug up..
    Ah, nostalgia.......now for a silencer they do rasp a bit.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 05-11-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Rapido

Well, now the top one is a collectable it seems ..joining the ranks of the Sharp,Mk1 80 and FWB 124...and it took some time to find a nice unmolested Mk1.
    They are a bit of a bargain really ...or were...I imagine they will all become more desirable than what they were prior to yesterday..
    I prefer them to the new ones.
    This one has both .177 and .22 barrels, clean threads, crisp and racks like new...a very low use plinking jobby....1996 first of the fine rear end plug models, Gamo trigger.
    Large locking grub on bolt adjuster too..useful too....that feature ..they should have kept.
    Although some dont like the trigger...it is the same..nearly on the Gamo magnum 2000 rifle...so imagine how long that will last using a pencil sized spring.
    Even the hardest used example i know of functions well and shows little detectable play anywhere....but looks worse than that sharp....and that sharp should be well dead...
    Just goes to show a good old one is bombproof...like all things gun collectable... durability is a great asset.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 20-10-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin