Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

How about putting all the stripdown articles together in one magazine like the Annual. That way you don't have to order every back issue for whatever article you want and you have the added bonus of not having to read the other excretement that comes in each magazine. Or you could put together a book. Titled Airgun Stripdowns A to Z or similar

Springer_pup Guest
    Hi Phil,
    Has the Diana 52 idea gone out of the window?
    I have had mine for 10 years, so it probably needs looking at. The local gun shop will not touch it as they say "We only service proper fire arms here", so that leaves me and my tool box !!.
    Also, as suggested before, looking at tools - but also home made tools eg how to make the tool used for cleaning inside the cylinder, a length of dowl and some wet and dry. This was in AGW some years ago but i cant remember how it was made.

papa lazarou Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    Or you could put together a book. Titled Airgun Stripdowns A to Z or similar
    Now there's a cracking idea ! - I'm sure this would be very popular !

papa.

Phil,
    Although the Boys Bumper Annual of Airgun Strips has a great appeal to me, and to many others, no doubt, I don't think such an undertaking would be viable on your part.

I suppose that it may be possible, within this BBS, that members could make available such articles as they have to form an information database.

That said, I look forward to your future articles. My suggestion is that you might apply your distilled wisdom to subjects such as cleaning, general care of metalwork and woodwork, and other worthy subjects, perhaps with examples from your own projects.

Triggers are a constant mystery to me. There are very good ones and quite poor ones, but it is so easy to make a good one bad by simply stripping and re-assembling it. Perhaps you have some thoughts on this.

Where to get or how to make sound vices and spring compressors. Why it is better to buy or make Turnscrews rather than use ordinary screwdrivers. Steel or brass drifts or punches. Your techniques would surely be worth a few articles.

Alan.

chris ballard Guest
    Love a disk too. I have an HW77 and a Hurricane and being borne again, know I want to tinker a bit, but dont know where to start (competent tinkerer but dont know too much about the guns themselves). It is always interesting to look at the other quirks with other guns too

chris ballard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    How about putting all the stripdown articles together in one magazine like the Annual. That way you don't have to order every back issue for whatever article you want and you have the added bonus of not having to read the other excretement that comes in each magazine. Or you could put together a book. Titled Airgun Stripdowns A to Z or similar
    Bulmer does haynes or what!! Great idea. Good for those not online. Could do the lot as downloads and charge that way

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by papa lazarou
    Now there's a cracking idea ! - I'm sure this would be very popular !

papa.
    i would love to see that! briliant idea!

Having all the back catalogue on disk would be a fantastic idea, so would either a website or a proper book. I like the idea of a website personaly, I know some ofl the info is out there somewhere but you have to go hunting for it, maybe a small charge to download the articles, just an idea

I'd happily pay a small charge to download an article I wanted. I do it for other interests or for work, so I don't see a problem.

I'm tempted to offer to do the site - but only if I get free access to the articles!!

Quote Originally Posted by peakecentral View Post
    I'd happily pay a small charge to download an article I wanted. I do it for other interests or for work, so I don't see a problem.

I'm tempted to offer to do the site - but only if I get free access to the articles!!
    mate, this thread is 2 years old
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

Quote Originally Posted by ross H View Post
    mate, this thread is 2 years old
    As its woken up, I wonder if Phil has thought anymore about putting everything on a CD, or similar? I thoughtit was a great idea... Hint..Hint..!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

I'd buy it! I'd love a CD or hard copy of Phil's articles in one volume.

They do a Haynes Manual for Washing Machines and Tumble Dryers, so why not one for airguns? If I was Haynes I'd be approaching Phil B. with a large wad of cash!

Yup...I rather like the idea also.

what about a Relum Tornado, aint seen one for years
    MK1 Rapid .22, GP Stealth .22, MK1 AA TX 200 .22, Beretta 682 Gold E: 12g Mossberg 590 12g Winerack 97 .22

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    How about the Anics Skiff 3000?

There must be a few around needing new seals and some that have problems with jamming mags.

I have 2 and one of mine leaks when you put a CO2 bulb in it

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.