well, looking into this again, my memory must be terrible.. I definately was offered multishot breeches from someone, but I cant remember who.. here is an interesting lead from beemans.net:

"Mrs. Beeman and I have a special feeling for the American-made HyScore Air Pistols, not just because of the wonderful design (can you believe that “bumper car” repeating mechanism?) but because of our special relationship with the late Steve Laszlo (founder and president of HyScore). For some reason, he gravitated to us and we became fine friends. The standing joke every time that we would meet would be him asking us “Well, do you want to buy all the HyScore pistol machinery today?”. I’d always say: “When you add a politically correct safety to the design and cut the price 90%”. (After all the good reamers, etc. were cherry-picked over and removed, the "interesting" Richard Marriott-Smith of England purchased the whole pile for next to nothing and proceeded to put out the ill-fated British HyScore pistol – still without a safety and, almost as a bid to kill potential sales to the USA, with a silencer!). As noted in the HyScore introduction in Blue Book of Airguns, Steve sent us the NIB specimens of the delightful Acvoke and Abas Major air pistols that his brother Andrew Lawrence (nee Laszlo) had used, but never acknowledged, in designing the concentric piston HyScore air pistols. He also sent us a huge box of “junk” that they had cleaned out of the “loft” – just a wonderful array of well preserved specimens of all the prototypes of the HyScore pistols, as well as prototypes of air pistols which they had never put into production – a compact pneumatic, etc. a never produced self-scoring metal target, etc. Later in 1980, Mrs. Beeman and I had the last dinner anyone had with Steve and his really delightful, very intelligent wife (staff member at NY Metropolitan Museum of Art) in San Francisco. They were on the way to Hawaii for a vacation and he died of a heart attack there. We called his NY office to find out when he was supposed to be back and asked if he was still in Hawaii. The office staff of one said “Well, I guess that you could say that!” but she would say nothing more. We learned of his death thru friends and after a couple of months to allow things to settle down – we called and asked to pay up our account – we owed in the low four figures. We were referred to his lawyer who told us, in no uncertain terms, that the Laszlo children wanted no contact with his old “gun trade” and that they wanted “our kind” to please go away and not bother them again! He said that as far as they were concerned, the accounts no longer existed. Okay, we can take a hint."

the man Richard Leonard Marriott-Smith apparently owned a fair few different companies and ruined them all, maybe it was he who was trying to get back a few of the quids he put down the drain?