Thread: Very early .22 Relum Tornado

Very early .22 Relum Tornado

A real blast from the past! A Hungarian masterpiece from mant years gone by, this one is as far as I am aware is a very early model, (pre scope rail) I think it comes way back from the sixties. Unbelievably, it has a two stage trigger! (which also has a quite predictable discharge). The rifle has had some improvement work internaly only. When I had the rifle it was fitted with the ghastly twin concentric springs, which took a Herculean graunching effort to cock it, with the pellet barely falling out of the barrel on firingl!. On stripping the rifle, the leather seal had over the years completely disintegrated. I set about replacing the piston seal with a new Weihrauch 26mm seal, which fit perfectly, I also fitted a spring guide and replaced the springs with a good quality square section spring. After a good clean and relube it now shoots quite smoothly with no twang (reknowned in its history for this problem)
    Its not the most powerfull air rifle out there, but I did not set out to power up what is fast becoming a relic!. For the purists, (if there are any for the humble Relum) there is nothing I have done that cannot be converted back to the original specification. The condition is fair, its lost over the years all original bluing, but in place as can be seen is a rich brownish patina. The stock has also been refinished as the original yellowed laquer was completely lost.
    I know for a fact that there are a few remaining Relum enthusiasts (still living!) who remember these guns in the day, when there was very little in the way of choice with air rifles, I recall a few memorable times myself out with a few mates when one of these at the time "unusual" rifles 1st put in an appearance with gazes of awe at such a radical design, a complete departure from the old Webley Mk 3s and BSA cadets that ruled the day........ £60.00 posted

Also advertised in the general air gun sales section

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img717/9600/dsc01525e.th.jpg]
    [img=http://imageshack.us/a/img204/2451/dsc01524nt.th.jpg]

what power it is putting out then?
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

very nice and if i hadn't got 3 already i would have had this one to.
    Last edited by red bob; 02-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Relum

To the top for this majestic old lady looking for a caring home.......

Relum

Bump with a pension reduction, £55.00 posted.......

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Good luck with the sale of this very fine example.

Relum

Last of the daily alotted bumps.....

Relum

Still looking for a retirement home for this lady, another price drop to £50.00 posted, has to be worth that.....

Relum

I would like this for fifty pounds posted. Please send me details of where and who to post cheque to.

Relum

Sold to Ferretus pending the usual.....