Thread: Weaver T36 or Sightron for bench rest?

Weaver T36 or Sightron for bench rest?

Am looking to upgrade my Vector scope to either of the above - The Sightron looks very much like a copy of the weaver (or do they come from the same Japanese factory?) and is £100 cheaper, anyone got any views on which (if either) is better? Main problem with the vector is that the sight image isnt great and the reticle is big enough that if I manage to take the bull out you cant see the pellet!!!!!

I am shooting 25 yd benchrest mainly with an EV2.......

Anyone got one for sale? South East preferably.....
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by M500dpp View Post
    Am looking to upgrade my Vector scope to either of the above - The Sightron looks very much like a copy of the weaver (or do they come from the same Japanese factory?) and is £100 cheaper, anyone got any views on which (if either) is better? Main problem with the vector is that the sight image isnt great and the reticle is big enough that if I manage to take the bull out you cant see the pellet!!!!!

I am shooting 25 yd benchrest mainly with an EV2.......

Anyone got one for sale? South East preferably.....
    Iv`e just bought a T36 from BAR, the reticles and target dot are very fine, the dot being 1/8 moa so it will fit inside the target bull,( if you can keep it still ) the clicks are 1/8 moa so easier to make fine adjustment on your zero. The only trouble is now i need a good front and rear rest because i was shooting from Allen shooting bags before and i found i could`nt keep the image steady enough.The build quality is superb and comes with sunshade,screw on metal lens caps and oversize turret knobs for benchrest included.
    Last edited by gordon; 13-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.

How much was the weaver at BAR? pm if you prefer, they dont list it on their site and cheapest I have found is £490!!!!!

Sightron is £390, hence the question!!!!
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

scopes

Hi
    I have used both scopes and I favor the weaver,opticaly not a great difference but I found the turrets clicks to be more definite on the weaver.
    As you would also have to say, does it make a hundred pounds difference.You won't be disapointed whatever your choise.John F.

Well I got totally fed up looking for a Weaver supplier at any sensible price, only 2 alternatives were £667(!) or £485 but would take 3 weeks. In the end I ordered the Sightron £399 inc postage) and some 13mm low mounts.

Will do a review once it's here. Oh yes there are 2 silver weavers on the bay but they have crosshairs and not the dot that I wanted for benchrest.

Everything I read led me to believe there is minimal difference between the two, some preferred weaver, others Sightron, we shall see! Really wanted silver for show, but maybe I'll just polish the alloy mounts instead!!!
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin