Thread: Idaho Bell Target/10m Mter

Idaho Bell Target/10m Mter

Below is our match report form last night. We started bell target with USA rules FT rifles. That is why we have bell targets set at 10 yards.

Ron

February 2013
    Idaho Airgun Field Target Club
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Bell Target & Ten Meter Match Report

“I can't believe we were all so prompt,” George.

Scores of note.
    Jeff shot a a 89 on one bull of the pistol match. Dave and shot 28 at7 yards and Dave shot a 28s at both 7 and 10 yards. Good shooting, Jeff and Dave.

Thanks to Dave for mixing non-drying paint for the bell target faces. This really improved scoring the pellet strikes and painting the targets. Dave used white pigment and peanut oil.

Thanks to Ash, Dave and Jeff for helping me sight in for bell target. Now once I learn which way to twist those Teutonic sight screws I'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Bell Target 7Yards, 10 Yards

David Read 28 (I), 28 (I)
    Jeff Houck 28 (I), 27 (I)
    Ron Gill 26 (I,) 24 (I)
    Ash Covey 24 (I), 23 (S)
    George Gardner 26(S), 24 (S)
    Ron Roberts 23 (L), 19 (L)

Dave wanted to shoot 10 meter rifle tonight. We shot 20 shots in standing. His is half of the shot standing short course. The full course is 60 shots. I think that 20 standing ts out airgun night. Comments are requested.

10 Meter Rifle

David Read 136
    Jeff Houck 133 1X
    Ron Gill 132
    Ash Covey 110
    George Gardner 104
    Ron Roberts 71

There was some confusion over an “X” in 10 meter rifle. In international air rifle (NRA 1995) an inner ten is “when the ten ring (dot) has been shot out completely,” There were a lot of these, and we will score then next time.

10 Meter Pistol (30 shots)

Jeff Houck 248
    David Read 245 1X
    Ash Covey 228
    Ron Gill 225
    Ron Roberts 174
    George Gardner 172

I think these four matches are a great test of marksmanship. When you add field target, bench rest and sporting rifle with airguns, we shoot an amazing range of shooting styles and air guns.

Ron

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Sounds like you all had a great night
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

What size hole is in the plate when you shoot at 10m......is it still 3/8" / 10mm ?

target plate

Good morning Sargent,

We shoot at the same target plate at 10 yards as at 7 yards. The hole and the scoring rings are the same size. We got the dimensions form the Hinlkley and
    District web page.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by blueflax View Post
    Good morning Sargent,

We shoot at the same target plate at 10 yards as at 7 yards. The hole and the scoring rings are the same size. We got the dimensions form the Hinlkley and
    District web page.

Ron
    That's good shooting Ron.......it's hard enough at 6/7m.