Thread: Airsporter loading tap

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

Airsporter loading tap

Hello all you Airsporter buffs

Urgent advice required

Will the loading tap from a MKIV Airsporter fit and work in a MKIII Airsporter, I have a MKIII But the tap rotates through 180 degrees and I have the chance to purchase a tap that is from a MKIV or else does anybody know what will be missing from my MKIII tap that is allowing it to rotate so far. Unfortunately I am unable to upload photo's of my Airsporter tap assembly.

Unfortunately the drawing of the MKIII in my copy of the Dennis Hiller's book is not very clear and I am unable to discern the shape and or size of the MKIII loading tap where as the drawings of the MKIV and MKV are really clear.
    I would appreciate any and all advice

Regards

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Hello all you Airsporter buffs

Urgent advice required

Will the loading tap from a MKIV Airsporter fit and work in a MKIII Airsporter, I have a MKIII But the tap rotates through 180 degrees and I have the chance to purchase a tap that is from a MKIV or else does anybody know what will be missing from my MKIII tap that is allowing it to rotate so far. Unfortunately I am unable to upload photo's of my Airsporter tap assembly.

Unfortunately the drawing of the MKIII in my copy of the Dennis Hiller's book is not very clear and I am unable to discern the shape and or size of the MKIII loading tap where as the drawings of the MKIV and MKV are really clear.
    I would appreciate any and all advice

Regards

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Hi Mel

Not 100% whether the parts will interchange but I think yours may be this type (fleabay# 170986974321 )

According to Chambers guns yours will be the early type action with the one piece tap and an index plate that fits on the other side (does it have a screw in the centre of the tap that holds it together??) if it doesn't have the screw then the one on fleabay may be the one for you..

Also, it's the little plate with the quarter stuck out bit that stops the tap rotating, it could have worn away...

EDIT
    Just had a read at the description and it says it's for a mk4 if that's so then I would say that it will fit as chambers list the later type assembly on a mk4 (the listing on eprey may be wrong I susupect )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Mel

Not 100% whether the parts will interchange but I think yours may be this type (fleabay# 170986974321 )

According to Chambers guns yours will be the early type action with the one piece tap and an index plate that fits on the other side (does it have a screw in the centre of the tap that holds it together??) if it doesn't have the screw then the one on fleabay may be the one for you..

Also, it's the little plate with the quarter stuck out bit that stops the tap rotating, it could have worn away...

EDIT
    Just had a read at the description and it says it's for a mk4 if that's so then I would say that it will fit as chambers list the later type assembly on a mk4 (the listing on eprey may be wrong I susupect )

John
    Thanks John

According to Chambers both taps have the same part number --- LT039.

So they should be interchangeable,

ATB Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    According to Chambers both taps have the same part number --- LT039.

So they should be interchangeable,

ATB Mick
    Cheers for that Mick

ATB
    Mel

Everthing after the Mk2 solid forged tap will be interchangeable but changed slightly for the S variation.
    So this should cover the MK3 through Mk7 but not the S series or Stutzen.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Everthing after the Mk2 solid forged tap will be interchangeable but changed slightly for the S variation.
    So this should cover the MK3 through Mk7 but not the S series or Stutzen.

Thanks again for that Clarky, two heads etc.