Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jelly cal 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Welshmanaaaaa View Post
    Hi

Just want to thank everyone for the information That's more information that I have been able to find out myself.
    wellcome Sir

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    the Slavia range is being imported so someone will have the importes number, good luck.
    Edgar Brothers are the importers. Google them up, and fingers crossed!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Relum Jelly

Looking at my Jelly right now, i'd say it shows a curious mix of good and less so. I like the taper barrel, the well engineered two-piece cocking link and the scallop-headed barrel pivot screw with retainer, but note the basic sights. The lock-up is very positive and cycles with a menacing multi-action sound being coupled with the repeating mechanism!

The mid-section has para-military look about it, Eastern Bloc shapes here. The action is inadequately capped at the rear with a plug which is retained by a chunky pin. Mine has been pushed from its seat by enthusiastic use, the pin-hole has stretched.

The stock is short but quite well- styled. Something of the BSF in front, Chinese in the middle, European at the back- a neat pistol grip and raised cheekpiece.
    I believe there was a version with a longer barrel and .22 also. Can anyone confirm?

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Yes indeed, there were several larger versions. Gedfin on here could tell more. Some of the later versions ceased to have the'Jelly' medallion, but are still Relum/FEGs, and of course the classic type is the .22 LP25 with the nice blond beech stock with multiple finger grooves on the fore end. Lots of different types through the ages, see post 11 here for a good selection http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....elum-tornado-s and here http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../FEG/FEG12.jpg

Many of the parts are interchangable almost modular, though one wonders whether this was by design or simply reacting to what the state tube foundry produced.