Thread: UK match pistol gunshops please

UK match pistol gunshops please

Hello all.
    As a relative newcomer I would like to be able to at least hold as many different makes of target pistols as possible before committing to buy. I live in Cornwall so I expect I will have to travel.

My question is, please could someone give me a pointer to a shop or two that may have a large selection, even second hand would be a bonus. I am looking toward the higher end PCP type to make sure I have something that I can both learn and grow with for a year or two.

Very many thanks for looking
    Stuart.

Stuart

I had the same problem when I started and the best bet is to join a club. Members are usually ok with people trying out their guns, as it is unlikely you will be able to find a good selection even second hand in a shop. Only other option is to look on the web to see when places get them nearby in or if you are likely to be near Bisley they have a good selection of new ones together with some second hand ones in the shop.

Regards

Phil
    Regards, Phil

As discotwo said, the only place that comes anywhere near meeting your requirements is the NSRA Shop at Bisley. Even then their stock can vary quite markedly and you may find relatively few secondhand pistols available.

Rutty

Shop selling Match Air pistols

Hi, A good place to start might be Surrey Guns. The owner Peter Friend is a very experienced international pistol shooter. He is very helpful. I would suggest giving him a call first. I hope that helps.
    Morini Air pistol
    Morini Free pistol

Hi Stuart,

The only shop that immediately springs to mind in Devon and Cornwall would be Sportsman Gun Centre, Exeter, who usually have Steyr match pistols in stock.

Other than that you might get lucky and find the odd target pistol in some of the other gunshops locally, but from my observations, they tend to be few and far between down here.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

You could also make enquiries at the Gun Club in St Austell to see if people would be interested in helping you choose.
    Regards, Phil

There's city air weapons in Brum (google it for some reason the BBS won't let me post a link?) but its not exactly near you.

Try Check Mate guns. Bob Cleverly will be able to get what you want if it is not in stock but hes pricey because he has no competition.
    It really is a huge problem for target pistol shooters generally. I have never once seen a target pistol article in all my time in Airgunner.....possibly one or 2 in Airgun world.
    Forget these mags for target stuff. Look toward Target Sports but even here only one article on Air pistol specifically once or twice a year.
    There is one page usually advertising match pistols in Target Sports but im sure its Checkmate. You will find none in Airgun World/gunner.

Hi,

The previous post is right about checkmate guns and he often has second had ones in stock but he's a bit far from you.
    I copied the following information the Diverse Trading Website who are,I believe, in the London area. You could always give them a try.

Diverse Trading Ltd.. are the sole importers and distributors
    of the following match pistols: Pardini, Benelli, SAM Inquiries to pc@diverse-trading.co.uk

Aeron also make PCP target pistols and i believe that the UK distributor is Mays of London.