Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osprey Supertarget - problems with the loading taper.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Use the " Search " facility !

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....oading+plating

I bought one chrome Innova, & I did the other ! Thats 6 years ago , Before I made the Silencer adapters ? Ged.
    Thanks Ged,

I did find it after I got home from work tonight - very interesting - but I think a plating kit will be too expensive for me to consider as I only have this single use for it at the moment.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

osprey tap problem

Before you do anything drastic like plating strip the gun down & look down the barrel with a led torch shining down the cylinder to check the actual alignment. Then do the reverse, i suspect you are missing a shim, or as some have said an O ring from the tap side thats to space the tap correctly. If you do replace this a sprinkling of talc around the loading hole & tap lever side will show any leaks when fired.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Before you do anything drastic like plating strip the gun down & look down the barrel with a led torch shining down the cylinder to check the actual alignment. Then do the reverse, i suspect you are missing a shim, or as some have said an O ring from the tap side thats to space the tap correctly. If you do replace this a sprinkling of talc around the loading hole & tap lever side will show any leaks when fired.
    You have a shim or an O ring on a tapered tap ?

The Taper on the tap & its counterpart are the seal & The alignment , The spring on the large side of the tap is only to ensure its location,
    You also cannot do anything about the tap to barrel alignment , This is set by the Taper on the tap .
    However by enlarging the diameter of the tap & Lapping to suit you can , ( Thats what this thread is all about ) !!!!!! Or am I missing something.
    Ged..

osprey tap problem

Maybe you're missing the posts that refered to a spacer or o ring, I've never had an osprey I freely admit it but I don't see any harm in visually inspecting the alignment first before any remedial action is taken. I don't expect any reply to this you can just ignore it as you do anyone you think contrdicts your advice.

I managed to buy an oversized .177 tap to fit my Osprey Supertarget from John Knibbs, so if the weather stays bad this Easter I may get the chance to lap it in and get it fitted properly.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.