Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pellet Tins - flippin nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Kev. (Cambs.)
    I just keep recycling my old Accupel tin (never thought I'd see the day when they were useful)

My next favorite fallback is the trusty film container, however since I changed over to the digi cam, my stock of empty container's is rapidly diminishing
    if you get short of film containers go into your nearest film developing centre in boots the chemist and ask them if they have any you can have . i do this once a years to replace all mine and usually walk out with a carrier bag full of them .

Ach so, not efferysing ze Chermans do is perfekt...?

The old screwtop BSA Pylarm and Milbro Caledonian tins were good, as were the rectangular Webley tins (pity the Webley pellets were cr@p ).

I would've thought Jerry's engineering prowess could've come up with something as good as the rolled-edge, threaded Anglo-Saxon pellet tin by now - just shows you how wrong you can be about people....

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

The way the rabbits are on my shoots at the moment I only need the one pellet.

The letters page in "The Guardian" (yeah, I know, but I like to start the day with a paper that hasn't got Rupert Murdoch telling me what to think) has an ongoing thread of suggestions for uses for old 35mm film canisters - I wonder how a pellet holder would go down with other readers......

A British classic...

Don't forget the humble Eley Wasp - still using a lovely blue screw top tin lined with old, plush curtain material.

Quote Originally Posted by arjimlad
    Don't forget the humble Eley Wasp - still using a lovely blue screw top tin lined with old, plush curtain material.
    I think the purple screw topped empty tin gives better grouping. (And I.M.O. the tins the best part of the new 'Wasp/Bisley' pellets. )
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I use the Gehmann(No comments ) plastic pellet tin holders, i think its what the 10 metre match shooters use.

Pete

Lightbulb

I'm too tight to use an accupel tin. Bulldog: thats the way to go. Good solid BRITISH tin with screw top. Failing that, just pull the foam circle slightly over the edge of the tin and pop the top back on. Holds 'em very securely.

plasic

I used to have an old Diana Gat type gun and found some old plastic pellet containers ... they are about the size of a 2 pound piece ...right handy for carrying a few .22 ( they still had the pellets in and I still have the darts !!! )

Buy a screw top tin of Hussler pellets empty the contents into the bin and replace with your personal choice.
    Steve
    Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once

Agree screwless tins are yet another unnecessary pain in the butt not to mention the number of pellets that are damaged through poor handling during transportation from source to distributor/ dealer. I've bought tins that were deformed through careless handling too and it's no surprise that the contents have also suffered.

Quality control in all departments needs tightening up as I am too often finding higher levels of useless pellets and swarf in previously respected industry standard makes such as Eley Wasp and Crosman Accupell. It means me spending time washing (the pellets not me) many times, rinsing, drying, painstakingly sorting and finally concluding the ritual by lubing and repacking. I only lube as the dried pellets look a bit dry, well they would, and thus need some sweet smelling lovingly administered moisturiser

I can only refer to .22 pellets as I have yet no experience with other calibres.

Incidentally has anyone seen the new Crosman Accupell tin - larger diameter and shallower but the logo sticker is the same old size - suppose it's a better fit in the old breast pocket

safeshot Guest
    One thing i use for my pellets is an old shoe polish (kiwi) tin keeps them as safe as a tin with a screw lid but with an opening device on the side!

Who sells the H&N match pellet boxes that hold 100 pellets each in their own hole?

Thanks

Mark

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    I shoot the empty tin,excellent way to see the neat holes upon impact!.

Tins! Tins!

You lot don't know how lucky you are, in my youth the Milbro Caledonian (the only pellet the local fishing shop stocked) came in a cardboard box. Usually fell to bits before you'd fired thirty.

We used to dream of tins.

Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it