Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Can't wait for this weekend, hope the weather picks up

Is there still going to be a bring and buy table and can stuff just be brought to put on it??

David Hughes may be bringing some of his literature to put on it, otherwise he can put his stuff on my bit of the table (if that's OK?)...

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

Is there still going to be a bring and buy table and can stuff just be brought to put on it??

David Hughes may be bringing some of his literature to put on it, otherwise he can put his stuff on my bit of the table (if that's OK?)...

Cheers, John
    Hi John
    Yes it's OK for him to use our bring and buy table or put them on your table

COMPETITIONS

We will be have 2 sessions for the competitions with a prize-giving at lunchtime for those wishing to get away early and a further set of competitions in the afternoon with a second prize-giving at around 3.40pm following (if required) any shoot-offs

Plenty of prizes to be awarded and you can enter both morning and afternoon competitions if you wish

The Biathlon target can be shot with any .177 rifle (match or sporter) Maximum score 15. Although the match rifles have the edge in accuracy, it has been noted that the higher power of the sporter rifles sometimes results in a score from a split pellet. Effectively this makes the aiming marks for the higher powered rifle a bit larger and levels the playing field a little. So it will be interesting to see which type of rifle wins this competition.

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 14-06-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    hold me back !!

I know this will not bother anyone, but I can not attend this year or the show at Brum before. I wish you all well and thank the organisers (even that old bell ender Chris) coz this sort of event keeps the sport alive. Well Done.

Download festival at Donnington race track

Please note that certain roads near the Donnington race track WILL BE CLOSED ON SUNDAY...for the download festival so avoid the racetrack area.
    John
    hold me back !!

transport of guns

Copied off Nick's thread

Transport of guns

We are nearly there fellas and can I ask that all rifles and pistols are transported into and out of the RBL Club in a cover or gunbag/case so as not to alarm the public

Black plastic bags will be available FOC to any purchaser of a gun to transport it to their car

More prizes turned up last night from a local gunshop - Countryman of Derby Ltd so many thanks to them.

It is quite surprizing and encouraging just how much support we have had from our sponsors and a write up of the fayre will be sent to the mags and local papers conveying our thanks.

The competition scores will set a benchmark for future events (despite the friendly/informal format). This is a first attempt but please give them a try, bell target shooting can become addictive.

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    ...More prizes turned up last night from a local gunshop - Countryman of Derby Ltd so many thanks to them...
    There's a good number of excellent prizes on offer, so well done to John for organising that side of things and all the companies who have supported the event and our sport.
    Some people will probably leave having made a profit .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Looking forward to it.
    Me n Johnbaz should get there at 11.00am ish.

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

Cheers, John
    Thanks. I've not found much, so far, but have some 60's or 70's sales brochures for various "Originals" all brand new and put away many years ago, plus a few newsletters from Feinwerkbau announcing the 300S. I'm still rummaging in the loft and - if I can persuade the wife to put the ladder back in place - will see you tomorrow.

Regards, david

Quote Originally Posted by D R Hughes View Post
    Thanks. I've not found much, so far, but have some 60's or 70's sales brochures for various "Originals" all brand new and put away many years ago, plus a few newsletters from Feinwerkbau announcing the 300S. I'm still rummaging in the loft and - if I can persuade the wife to put the ladder back in place - will see you tomorrow.

Regards, david
    David, I am sure any of the literature you bring will be of interest. I look forward to seeing you there.
    Pete.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I think that's a good reminder to us all to start getting the labels organised. ...mike...
    Got my sales gear all labelled & wrapped now, and i'm hoping to find a gun to tempt some cash out of my wallet (a rare event) ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Got my sales gear all labelled & wrapped now, and i'm hoping to find a gun to tempt some cash out of my wallet (a rare event) ...mike...
    Likewise Mike.

Been doing chrono strings for those which I'll have for sale tomorrow. Not the most exciting pastime, but hopefully useful for any prospective buyers.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Likewise Mike.

Been doing chrono strings for those which I'll have for sale tomorrow. Not the most exciting pastime, but hopefully useful for any prospective buyers.
    I'm not selling any rifles just a couple of pistols & a pair of sights so no time consuming strings to do, and hoping to buy some gear, expecting to get there about an hour before opening to help out a bit, atb, ...mike...

Melbourne tomorrow

Here's what I will be taking to Melbourne tomorrow,

Webley rifles,

Viscount .22
    Tracker .22
    Omega .22 Gas Ram
    Eclipse MkII .22
    Excel .177
    Exocet .22
    Stingray .22 Birmingham made

also

Bam B3, AK47 style
    Milita Boys rifle .177 Nickle finish.

also Webley oblong orange .22 pellet tin, oblong green .177 pellet tin, front and rear sights for Webley rifles,
    grips for Webley pistols ie Premier, Senior and Hurricane, Tempest Centenial case and a couple of scopes all reasonably priced in my opinion.

See you there.

edbear2 Guest
    A big thank you to all at Melbourne who put in all the unseen work to make this happen, really enjoyed the day and meeting several folk off here for the first time, and the whole thing went as smooth as a smooth thing

Here's to many more!

ATB, Ed

So, who bought what then.....?

And how did the bell target competitions go?

I'm sorry I could not make the event - it was just too far but I'm pleased it seems to have gone well.

John