Thread: Crosman 600 power question?

Crosman 600 power question?

Hello all. Sorry this is most probably a question with no easy answer, but here goes. I have just finished my Crosman, as it seems that the only pellet that does not jam being Verminpells that is what I use. I weighed some at 14.35 gns. on average. Putting it across the chrono then it was mostly 5.3 to 5.5 but had one at 5.7 ft/lbs. Only the one.
    Is that in your opinion just too close to the legal limit? Bearing in mind that I dont know what the police would use and if they used something other than Vernimpells and it jammed up what would they do?
    Opinions,brickbats etc. I would value your thoughts.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

They don't usually make that sort of power. 4-4.5 ft.lbs being the norm . RWS Superdome work flawlessly in the 600.
    I doubt yours will go over, unless it is a very warm day.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello all. Sorry this is most probably a question with no easy answer, but here goes. I have just finished my Crosman, as it seems that the only pellet that does not jam being Verminpells that is what I use. I weighed some at 14.35 gns. on average. Putting it across the chrono then it was mostly 5.3 to 5.5 but had one at 5.7 ft/lbs. Only the one.
    Is that in your opinion just too close to the legal limit? Bearing in mind that I dont know what the police would use and if they used something other than Vernimpells and it jammed up what would they do?
    Opinions,brickbats etc. I would value your thoughts.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Geoff, not wishing to teach anyone to suck eggs, but are you sure that you are not too close to the chrono,as this can give an in accurate reading. Or have you modified the Cr600?

Sounds to me that you have finished it rather well!
    I agree about Verminpells.
    Try it with a light and a heavy pellet as a single shot load and if it doesn't go over Robert is your Fathers Brother.
    Hobby for light and Bisley Magnums for heavy if they fit.

Hi all, thank you for your thoughts and advice. I was a good 8' away from the chrono, Cleaned and de- burred and polished everything. Got a set of seals and bits from America, the biggest thing that was out by a mile was the shuttle alinement with the barrel, so the pellet had to almost turn a corner to enter the barrel. Sorted by a tweek of the cam, 2 adjustable wrenches and twist very carefully, when the hole in the shuttle lines up with the barrel - job done. The hammer was, shall we say, a generous fit and the 'O' ring flush with the surface so not actually doing anything at all.
    Was thinking of getting another and seeing just how it would 'go', not to be used outside of course.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.