Thread: Webley Alecto - Spring

Webley Alecto - Spring

I recently had to replace the valve housing on my Webley Alecto due to a crack. In order to do this I had to take the pistol apart.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems putting back the two pieces under tension by a spring. For reference the two pieces are above this gentleman's thumb in the picture.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...01/figure6.jpg

I can put it together, with the spring in place, but the two pieces seize together.. It seems that the frame that fits over the top, fits too tightly and makes contact with the pieces.... Any ideas what I've been doing wrong?

Thanks!

there are some videos on youttube just search alecto , or pm and i will send the link, have you got the silver chamber as the new black ones are supposed to of fixed this splitting problem ,i have only had mine brand new for 3 days black cylinder mk3 and its back in the shop as it was working fine for 2 days then it failed to pump to pressure and it chrono`d under 3 1/2 ftlbs its wa like pumping a sponge, im thinking this gun has problems the silver chamber splitting is well known you may have a claim it its not under waranty

Step 1. Fit the hammer(what you referred to as the "frame") over the compression chamber housing, but don't put the pin back just yet.
    Step 2. Fit the sear(bigger of the two pieces) back into position.
    Step 3. Maneuver the hammer down until you get access to the pin hole for the sear and knock the pin back in place
    Step 4. Put the link(smaller of the two pieces) along with the spring back into position. Don't worry too much about keeping it under tension just yet.
    Step 5. Maneuver the hammer up until you get access to the pin hole for the link and insert(should just slip right in) the pin back into place.
    Step 5. Align the hammer pin hole and knock the hammer pin back in place.
    Step 6. With a needle or something just reach in the cavity where the sear and link are and tuck the spring back over the sear spring peg

Done.
    Last edited by CaptCalvin; 05-07-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dino89 View Post
    there are some videos on youttube just search alecto , or pm and i will send the link, have you got the silver chamber as the new black ones are supposed to of fixed this splitting problem ,i have only had mine brand new for 3 days black cylinder mk3 and its back in the shop as it was working fine for 2 days then it failed to pump to pressure and it chrono`d under 3 1/2 ftlbs its wa like pumping a sponge, im thinking this gun has problems the silver chamber splitting is well known you may have a claim it its not under waranty
    Have you checked the relieve valve?