Thread: Daystate competa pistol -air arms pp1

Thumbs up Daystate competa pistol -air arms pp1

Hi all , can anyone give a valuation on a couple of target pistols in my collection one is a air arms pp1 and the other is a daystate compete both 177 and both are in very good condition cheers all

Daystate competa pistol about £250 too £350 MAYBE more as prices are all over the place at the moment but these are great pistols, also I would stick it on the doc forum & a couple of folks in the know will tell you more.

& can you send me some photos please.....

many thanks as I would like to own one of the above one day
    Last edited by subaru swift; 07-07-2016 at 10:31 PM.

I think more than that.
    Last saw these for sale at Bisley and they were £500..
    Obviously traders and room for haggle.
    If they had been £300 one would now be residing chez Gingernut.

I suspect it's nearer the £500 mark Kenny. Decent photos are always really helpful.

IIRC Tony found out the production numbers and it was about 30 Mk1's and 130 Mk2's. So from a rarity point of view then the Mk1 (rounded trigger guard) is much harder to find, as these are now only really of interest to collectors that should result in a higher valuation, nearer gingernut's figure IMO.

It is the sort of item where condition and completeness will make a particularly large difference, it really needs the original case and accessories to get top dollar.

There were also quite a large number of .22's which would be a detractor for many, although having both barrels would be really nice .

So hopefully for the OP his example is a mint, complete, cased, .177 Mk1.

Don't know much about the PP1, a few searches gave valuations in the £450-£500 range, but were from 2008 or before. I would suggest prices for these pistols have fallen in the last few years? Desireable things being the short tube version, quick fill, accessories and importantly the rear sights which may have been removed whilst using a scope/red dot sight, and subsequently lost.

So photos and a full description would help the cogniscenti give a more useful guesstimate, than my WAG.
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 06-07-2013 at 01:42 PM.

good points nick but until we see photos or have a bit more info then not much else we can say on the price, kenny

Daystate competa pistol - Air arms pp1

Hi & thanks for your responses to my post i will sort out some pics & other info like serial numbers & whats in the cases one bit of info that might be of interest to you is that the pp1 was once owned by N. Allen this may not add any value but its a bit of the history of the gun

Nigel Allen of Magazine fame?
    I have a pistol supposedly built by Ken Turner.
    Same sort of thing