Thread: can someone date/value my bsa light patern please?

can someone date/value my bsa light patern please?

hi guys,

picked up the above and would like it dated if possible, previous owner has advised a 1907 but would like to make sure. serial is: L11164.

its in pretty good condition, shoots like a dream at 8fpe and very accurate, new main spring and leather seal fitted. minor marks on the metal work, minor marks on the stock, blueing has gone from the cylinder, can anyone give me a rough idea of how much this might be worth in current condition and if it would be worth more to someone restored. i like the look of it atm it shows its age (in a good way) but is not tatty or in a terrible rusty condition.

can get pics up if needed for value

any help appreciated

cheers

D

Quote Originally Posted by xs-lothian View Post
    hi guys,

picked up the above and would like it dated if possible, previous owner has advised a 1907 but would like to make sure. serial is: L11164.

its in pretty good condition, shoots like a dream at 8fpe and very accurate, new main spring and leather seal fitted. minor marks on the metal work, minor marks on the stock, blueing has gone from the cylinder, can anyone give me a rough idea of how much this might be worth in current condition and if it would be worth more to someone restored. i like the look of it atm it shows its age (in a good way) but is not tatty or in a terrible rusty condition.

can get pics up if needed for value

any help appreciated

cheers

D
    Hello,

The Ser No prefix (L) denotes that your rifle is a .177 Light Pattern Standard Air Rifle manufactured 1919 - 1936. These rifles are not uncommon and I would estimate a realistic value of £100-£150 depending on condition. In my opinion you should just service and tidy it a bit rather than undertake any major restoration as you would be unlikely to get your money back. If it were mine I would definitely keep and enjoy using it in it's present condition.

Regards

Brian

I agree with Brian.

Your Standard No1 should have a 2 hole trigger block and the trigger pull weight stamped on the stock, behind the trigger guard, along with the stock length of 14 1/4 in. It dates from around 1920.

Kind regards,

John