Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
got a Tempest that has been "tuned" (cough cough). This involved a strip down and lube,fitting a Typhoon mainspring, polishing the trigger and sear up and fitting a weaker trigger spring.
If you want to have a slightly more serious go at one, go for the later,wider trigger (or a trigger shoe),maybe find a weaker mainsprig than the typhoon AND see if one of the engineers on here will modify the piston. Id get the boss taken off the head and get an O ring head made up as sure this would be more consistent than the Webley split ptfe ring set up.
Airgunner .177 on here does Walnut grips and an unfinished set would let you sort out the finger grooves yourself. You could also leave out the safety catch as it serves no real purpose, although it it a very well designed one.
Pm me if I can help at all. I think BIG TOE is the head modifier locally?
Thanks for that - it would be good to see what a "mere mortal" can do with a well prepared .177 Tempest - don't let IJ know, but I do agree that the basic "out of the box" Tempest is a bit agricultural and think even the overly talented local super-shot would struggle a bit to repeat his superb score with my example.

.......however, I also like the feel of the Wobbly Tempest and would like to think that it has the potential to be a tad better after some attention has been lavished upon it. IJ probably thinks a couple of tons of topsoil would be the best thing to lavish upon it - but I was thinking along the lines of improving the trigger but had not thought about an "O" ring piston head or a softer spring.

Food for thought.