Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'll Stop Collecting Air Rifles .

In my opinion it is best to forget about being a responsible shooter and just buy as many guns as you can afford. There again, who cares about affording it?

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

'They dont have pockets in shrouds!'

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    'eck, I think I've started to collect again !
    Mk.5 .177 Meteor and a lefty .22 77 !

No end to it !

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Coz to be honest, I've now got 16 nice guns of which I set out to collect and I dont really think I need any more !
    Odd you may think but unlike some of you illustrious Gentlemen on here who have some fantastic and enviable collections, I'm happy with what I've got !
    I dont really shoot them anymore apart from the odd "plink" in the garden or on permission land although I'll probably do more after I retire in four years or so, thats the plan anyway ?

So, all in all I'm pretty content with "my particular lot" but I wish everyone in "Kollectors Korner" all the best in their endeavours !

Anyone else feel the same ?

John. (Blackrider)
    Well I feel for you.
    My obsession with airguns has just got me banned from the sales section because they think I'm an RFD
    I have this tendency to get all carried away, you know how it goes, buy an Ultra and think "wow this is great - I want another one!". So off I go and buy another one, then a Contour seems like a good idea as well. So then I've got three cracking compact air rifles (and scopes and a pump), some time later I'm thinking about the grand I've got tied up in these air rifles and feeling guilty, so they all go in the sales section.
    Then, wanting something simple, buy a springer, find it disappointing, start thinking "those Ultras were great" and the cycle repeats, and then repeats again... When I think about the amount of money I've lost
    I've finally arrived at one HW99s (shortened barrel, QD stock and it shoots brilliantly) and an HW45 and I'm determined to not buy any more - how many guns can you shoot at once?

Sorry Bob, but I am not convinced. Go on, admit it, you want more guns, you neeeeed more guns. To hell with it. Just buy them!!!!!

Andy ( currently seeking counselling)

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post

My obsession with airguns has just got me banned from the sales section because they think I'm an RFD
    Well try seeing it from our point, Bob. For most people would consider 91 sales threads selling high value items (mainly air guns) in three years a little suspect, yet you have managed to clock up that may sales threads, as described, in just three months matey (most of which have since been deleted) !!!

I do note what you say, however, and will give it some thought, and will see what can be done. I will keep you informed by p-m, as my latest p-m to you has said, so lets keep this off open forum please.

Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

How many guns does it take to be a collector?

I have five, but I'd say only three of those constitute "the collection": Feinwerkbaus 65, 300S and 127. That's pretty much what I've wanted for a good while, a target rifle, target pistol and a sporter, all top quality, all from the 1970s.

I have an Original 23, which does duty as a training rifle for my young nephews.

My HW35E doesn't quite fit in, as it's from 1980. If only it had been made a couple of months earlier! However, it fulfills the roles of "open sighted sporter" and ".177 sporter". Of course, a FWB124 would be ideal to fill that gap, but...

No more. I have enough. Really.

Matt
    Last edited by Nikkormat; 30-07-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling

The problem is that you don't Matt! From your description of such fine classic guns currently in your possession, I reckon you definitely need a good 124 with a nice period scope. Finding one at a sensible price is likely to be the problem.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    The problem is that you don't Matt! From your description of such fine classic guns currently in your possession, I reckon you definitely need a good 124 with a nice period scope. Finding one at a sensible price is likely to be the problem.

Andy
    I think it's inevitable, I'll give in one day.

Then I'll want a Weihrauch target rifle to go with the HW35, so it'll have to be a HW55, and a pistol to complete the set, so a HW70, and my nephews are growing so fast I'll need an Original 25 for them, then a 27, and if I've got a 27 I might as well have the accompanying target rifle, so a Model 75, and a pistol to match the rifle, so a Model 10, then a full size Original sporter to complete the set...

Matt

Its sounding better already Matt!

Coz to be honest, I've now got 16 nice guns of which I set out to collect and I dont really think I need any more !
    Odd you may think but unlike some of you illustrious Gentlemen on here who have some fantastic and enviable collections, I'm happy with what I've got !
    I dont really shoot them anymore apart from the odd "plink" in the garden or on permission land although I'll probably do more after I retire in four years or so, thats the plan anyway ?

So, all in all I'm pretty content with "my particular lot" but I wish everyone in "Kollectors Korner" all the best in their endeavours !

Anyone else feel the same ?

John. (Blackrider)
    Hey John, if you do start downsizing ??
    You know there's one I'd buy off you straight away

Atb Julian

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by negotiator View Post
    Hey John, if you do start downsizing ??
    You know there's one I'd buy off you straight away

Atb Julian
    Wouldn't be that little stunted hyedua stocked job from Cambridgeshire would it Julian !

Bear you in mind !

ATB,

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Totally agree with Biker Bob above as I am exactly the same ,my fads change and I have also lost a packet but it is my pastime, and shall continue to be .But if anyone tells you they make money from this then they are not being completely truthful, it does not take a lot of working out what I pay and what I sell them for . The only thing is I just like to own different guns all the time ,so contrary to what some might think on here I am also not an RFD just an ordinary bloke with a hobby ,albeit an expensive one, so from time to time you do sell a few to keep allowing change. But might I add only sell the real good ones here so everyone ends up with a bargain from me and an absolute cracker of a gun to boot .

Claude. Lets face it, most of us lose money from the expense of our hobby. I dont give a s--t if I do as long as it doesn't get silly. Compared to the expenses involved in other hobbies, once you have some guns you like, that's it really. Until of course you get bored with some of them as we all do. I dread to think how much I have lost on PCPs over the past couple of decades. Thing is though, they have all given me plenty of enjoyment. Can you really put a definitive price on that?

I reckon we are all lucky to have a hobby that is so diverse and absorbing. Its only natural that particular guns or equipment take your fancy and you have to once again part ex your mainline gun to achieve it, along with lots more cash of course. Most of the shooters I know fall into that category, apart from one. I am sure you can guess who that is. Hint, he likes German springers and rubber band power.

Andy

Wouldn't be that little stunted hyedua stocked job from Cambridgeshire would it Julian !

Bear you in mind !

ATB,

John.
    Excellent guess John lol
    Take care mate