Hi,

Thanks for posting your first impressions of the 'Turkish Tempest' which makes very interesting reading.

I must admit to being one of those 'purist' Webley enthusiasts whose interest was limited to all steel pistols produced up until the mid-seventies.

I never considered buying a Tempest and only picked up a 'Turkish' example on a whim just to see bad it was compared to my 'real' Webleys.

Like you, I have been pleasantly how well made and well these pistols actually perform.

I have owned mine for about 6 months now and can usually hold the black aiming area on the 10 metre precision target with an unsupported single handed hold.

Although I never intended to use it much when I first bought it, I now find myself shooting it on a regular basis and have even ordered a pair of wood grips as a bit of an upgrade.

Have you attempted to adjust the trigger weight on either version as it appears to have had no effect on either of the two 'Turkish' pistols I have encountered ?

Having said that, the triggers were really quite good straight out of the box and both broke quite crisply at a reasonable weight, so attempted adjustment was really only experimental.

Look forward to hearing how things progress once your pistol gets 'run in' a bit.

Regards

Brian