Thread: Intro time

Intro time

Hi all,

Name is Thomas, living in the Netherlands. The big 5-0 is not far off, and one grandkid.

Been shooting for years and years. Used to shoot in school in SA - we had a 25m bisley type competition in schools, using BSA and later Anschutz .22 rifles. Then two years in the army, and shot just about every week, also as a sport. After that I started IPSC shooting and competed up to national level.

Relocated to NL 14 years ago, and started shooting a few years ago again, this time purely air-rifles. Due to cost and legal issues. Much cheaper once the equipment was bought, and getting a firearms license over here is not easy. So air-rifles it is. Doing paper-punching at 25m at our indoor range, also competes in the odd 100m match over here, and recently started HFT - my first HFT was the worlds at Kelmarsh this year.

As for air rifles: for the real work I have a trio of Air-Arms rifles. A S400 classic with an Audrius regulator and Clearidge 309x32 scope, an AA Pro-target mk3 with a Bushnell elite 10x42. Both of these are for HFT. Also have a S400 Xtra-FAC in .22 with a 24" BSA barrel and a Leupold competition 35x45 which I use for 100m with an external regulator.

For fun I have a couple of QB78s, one of which is being converted to HPA. Also have a Hatsan 105x and a BSA meteor and two Crossman pistols.

Love reading here, and always ready to learn new things.

Thomas

hello

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "