Thread: Vintage Air Rifle / Pistol Parts I.D. help please

edbear2 Guest

Vintage Air Rifle / Pistol Parts I.D. help please

I recently bought a BSA no8 sight, which came with a mixed selection of old spares, mostly N.O.S., but many are slow moving or things that would hardly ever sell (BSA standard underlever push buttons for one!).

Anyway, can anyone help with some of the stuff shown please, The two drilled rings I think are late BSA piston washer (post type) securing rings as they fit on a BSA piston I have, except they are 2mm larger in diameter than the one already fitted, but this existing one may be a pattern...Can't imagine any other fitment for these...I am assuming BSA as they were with the Standard and Airsporter bits.

The pointed "top hat" pin (shown next to a MK1 Airsporter / Cadet Major etc. sight blade plunger for scale) is a new one to me.

I have a fair few in total of the basic pin shown on the paper slip (0.156" x 1.078").

The screws at the bottom are identical in thread / length / head size to ones fitted on a 1950's MK3 I have here, but are flat cheese head, and just chemical black, not the normal Webley nice blue...would these be late MK3 front stock screws

The three slotted and threaded collars...well I just KNOW I have seen them in the past....But where

The triggers, the weird little rearsight, and the cocking lever and top spring / guide / whatsit combo....No idea either!

Parts

Sight close up

ATB, Ed

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    I recently bought a BSA no8 sight, which came with a mixed selection of old spares, mostly N.O.S., but many are slow moving or things that would hardly ever sell (BSA standard underlever push buttons for one!).

Anyway, can anyone help with some of the stuff shown please, The two drilled rings I think are late BSA piston washer (post type) securing rings as they fit on a BSA piston I have, except they are 2mm larger in diameter than the one already fitted, but this existing one may be a pattern...Can't imagine any other fitment for these...I am assuming BSA as they were with the Standard and Airsporter bits.

The pointed "top hat" pin (shown next to a MK1 Airsporter / Cadet Major etc. sight blade plunger for scale) is a new one to me.
    guessing the pin is a trigger spring pin? Maybe a cadet/major?

I have a fair few in total of the basic pin shown on the paper slip (0.156" x 1.078").

The screws at the bottom are identical in thread / length / head size to ones fitted on a 1950's MK3 I have here, but are flat cheese head, and just chemical black, not the normal Webley nice blue...would these be late MK3 front stock screws

The three slotted and threaded collars...well I just KNOW I have seen them in the past....But where

The triggers, the weird little rearsight, and the cocking lever and top spring / guide / whatsit combo....No idea either!

Parts

Sight close up

ATB, Ed
    Hi Ed--I think the rearsight may be a late Milbro sight. I think they stuck them on the late G4 pistol and the small 70's series rifles.https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24459/G4/
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24465/G74/
    The three collars look like the ones used on the Diana/Milbro/ Webley small rifles.
    The cocking arm arm looks like it has come off one of the small tinplate rifles G15/16/74 and should have a leaf spring in it that acts ass the barrel catch (often broken).
    The big trigger looks like a Diana? Milbro one.
    The screws will be 2ba and fit a few things. The heads look a bit too small for the Mercury/Airsporter ones.
    guessing the piston is off a small tinplate G15/16/74.
    The pin looks like out of a cadet/Major trigger---the sear spring guide?
    Last edited by ggggr; 31-08-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Parts identity

Hi Ed,

I agree the sight is late Diana MK IV/Milbro G4 pistol

The cocking lever, piston etc is Diana/Original model 15/16

The triggers do look to be Diana/Original as well

ATB Chris

Looking at the triggers and rearsight, I think they are ones that I sold via an internet auction sight quite recently! I was selling them on behalf of a veteran shooter round here who was selling off his kit because of failing eyesight. He had some Milbro Diana sight parts that I sold and then there were the unidentified triggers and that neat little rearsight. As the other posters have said, I am sure they are Milbro Diana parts.