Thread: thinking on...the Rekord Trigger unit

Question thinking on...the Rekord Trigger unit

I understand that the Rekord trigger piston sear (SR104) has two versions, solid and a 3 piece laminate version.
    What are the pros and cons, if any, on these and do they also indicate a particular production time frame?
    I also notice that the retaining/limit pin for (SR104) is often missing from many images of the Rekord; are they lost items, thrown away or do some examples come with or without that particular pin? Are they required at all?

Cheers

Ich verstehe, dass der Rekord Auslösekolben anbraten (SR104) zwei Versionen, solide und ein 3-teiliges Laminat-Version hat.
    Was sind die Vor-und Nachteile, wenn überhaupt, auf diese und sie zeigen auch, eine bestimmte Produktion Zeitrahmen?
    Ich habe auch bemerkt, dass die Beibehaltung / pin Grenze für (SR104) fehlt oft aus vielen Bildern des Rekord; sind sie Gegenstände verloren, weggeworfen oder tun einige Beispiele mit oder ohne dieser speziellen Stift kommen? Sind sie überhaupt erforderlich?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 04-09-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Rekord trigger sears

I have don't why they used the laminated sears but my bsf s70 has one & a mod 50 original I owned had one too. My late (2005) HW50s has the solid type but I prefer the feel of the older one on my 1977 HW35. Best ask the germans they'd have had a good reason to use them.

Fluent in Google

Yes Junglie, I have seen the same with an S70, 80s vintage.Maybe the laminated sear was adopted when Weihrauch swallowed BSF? Maybe cheaper production costs were behind it? I wonder how long this design ran for?
    Three questions is enough per post, isn't it?

I believe the laminated trigger sear is cheaper to manufacture because the laminations can be stamped and then put together to form the finished part, whereas if made from solid the sear would have to be machined.

This is only my opinion based on what I have read on the internet, so hopefully someone will be along to confirm or deny it (or both more likely, knowing the penchant some members have for creating controversy) soon.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

rekord sears

I think the laminated sears are on the older guns, as for the recent ones my 2005 HW50s looks cast not machined.