Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open competitions - 10M pistol

Applications are still open for Bisley, they only sent the application form out last week.

The BPC has a list of competitions on its site.

Jim

Hi, if you send me an email address via pm, I can send you an entry form that says the 13th is the closing date.

I was at the Wolverhampton NSRA range yesterday, the guys there said the date had been extended and that the form had been missed off the website. This is why copies are now going around by email...

Cheers, Mark.

Hello,
    Entries are being accepted until the 13th. Message me your email address if you'd like me to email you the entry form.

Regards,
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

open meetings

Yorklet
    The NSRA meeting on 20th - 22nd is "The Pistol Meeting" which has all the smallbore pistol disciplines, air, and .22 free pistol, and the events we used to shoot with .22's and now can't, now shot with 5 shot air pistols.

If your standard is reasonable the BPC is a good bet, there always used to be a qualifying standard, look on their website and their calender shows a lot of the open meetings.

The British Air gun championships in Feb is the big UK air event and is ideal as it has aggregates in classes, so you can go for the week end and have at least two 60 shot shoots (3 if your standard is worth entering the championships). The entries will not be out before end of Dec, early Jan (possibly!)
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Yorklet
    The NSRA meeting on 20th - 22nd is "The Pistol Meeting" which has all the smallbore pistol disciplines, air, and .22 free pistol, and the events we used to shoot with .22's and now can't, now shot with 5 shot air pistols.

If your standard is reasonable the BPC is a good bet, there always used to be a qualifying standard, look on their website and their calender shows a lot of the open meetings.

The British Air gun championships in Feb is the big UK air event and is ideal as it has aggregates in classes, so you can go for the week end and have at least two 60 shot shoots (3 if your standard is worth entering the championships). The entries will not be out before end of Dec, early Jan (possibly!)
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Thanks Robin

The BPC calendar seen all to be south of England, all a bit of a trip for me - looking for local ones to get started really.

I am interested in the Bisley comps but my standard isn't fantastic at this stage.

Cheers

Steve.

Having only been shooting for five months, I thought that about myself too, but I was pursuaded to enter - was put into class D and managed 510 with a S/H Gamo Compact. I beat the two guys next to me who had both been shooting Steyrs for over a year....
    So go for it! It was daunting but a fantastic experence that has given me confidence to do it again, got two medals so far. I want an Olympic one now....
    (Well, maybe one day)

Cheers, Mark.

Yeah, I'll second that, get out and try competition. You won't regret it. A really great experience to focus the mind. You find out things about yourself at a match, like whether you rise to a challenge or falter. And the atmosphere is usually very encouraging. Everyone wants everyone else to do their best - otherwise it'd be too easy for the experienced shooters.