Thread: Valuation advise - Crosman M1 BB Carbine

Valuation advise - Crosman M1 BB Carbine

Hi ,
    Hope someone can advise , I have from my youth a plastic stock Crosman M1 Carbine in working order complete with orginal magazine - I `d describe it as in good condition , I`d be interested in selling it, as it just sits in the back of a cupboard , and has done for the last 25+ years . But don`t really have expertise in this area ... Any advise in how much I should ask and how best to advertise would be greatly appreciated .
    Cheers Steve

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps249199d0.jpg

m1

Hi steve, difficult with these bb guns especially in todays climate,the plastic stocked version ,not as sought after as the wooden version but still desirable..the blue book gives a top price in good condition as $150 ,i think you can equate that into pounds though over here and say £150 -£175 ,and a nice woodstock one should sell for about £200 -£225.. i have a few of theser and love mine, brings back my youth when we use to play soldiers and shoot each other , health and safety in them days was not even heard of!..

That's partly the point - I'd love to just have past it on to my son , and let him go out & the play the way I did years ago , but somehow I think now days it would end up with a knock on the door . Thanks for the pointer on value , Cheers Steve

Thanks for the guidance on value , have been doing a bit more research and you seem to spot on , with the original magazine being a key feature . Much like you, I played soldiers with it & I'd rather hand it over to my son to do the same , but somehow I know if I let him out with it , it wouldn't be long before I'd get a knock on the door.
    Cheers Steve

M1 Carbine

Hi Stagg88,
    just a little info for you, not insulting your intelligence but if this is the one that actually looks like the military M1carbine that the yanks used in the war, then you might get a better price (slightly) from some of the reenacters, who may want it to dress up their 1940s Willys jeep.
    Just a tip for you.

vdf
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.