Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee
It's a shame this rifle did not get further development. I can't remember exactly but I think the chap who designed it also designed the incredibly ugly but solid Sterling HR81. If you plotted the development from HR81 to Park 91/93 then extrapolate this learning curve to the third generation gun it would have been a super-springer on the level with the Whiscombe but at a third of the price. Although I guess having the long transfer port necessary on a piggy-back design will never make for an efficient springer. And the poor thing came out just when PCPs were sweeping the nation. If the trigger had been sorted and the weight problem addressed and a longer cocking lever fitted... The idea was great but came about 5 years too late. If it had used the Reckord trigger unit, even under license from HW it would have made a fantastic rifle even if it was a bit heavy.
Alistair to think I sold you a HR81 at such a good price! If i'd realised what a clever chap you were I would've got your autograph along with the cash.
How do you come to the conclusion that the 'Mark Three' would be a third of the JW price? Whiscombe can't keep up with demand so why should a rival 'recoil free springer' be sold cheaply? I certainly wouldn't sell it cheaply. Theoben continues to show that technological advances can still command a price premium.