Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car boot finds?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Yep!

I've had all sorts from the bootsales in the past including guns, pellets,scopes, knives and all sorts of non shooting related stuff too!

I met a chap at my local bootsale and bought a couple of guns from him then one day he handed me list of guns that he was selling! in total i've probably bought a dozen or more guns from him, the most cherished prize being a nicely etched Webley Mk1 air rifle, I've also bought from him a BSA Airsporter mk1 in number one bore, an ASI Statical, several Webley overlever pistols, A BSA Cadet, Webley Hawk, I bought several silencers, tins of pellets, Binoculars among other stuff!!

I've been tio his house several times and he's a really interesting bloke, he built himself a workshop and has a large Boxford lathe, milling machine, grinders, drills, everything in there is proper industrial quality stuff! nothing from the Aldi in sight!!

He has a mahoosive collection of airguns still including some that i've never heard of before, and some that he's made himself!

I promised the wife that i'm not buying any more as they're taking up too much room but he has a nice Original mod50 that I fancy, and a few more Airsporters, and the one that i'd not heard of before and a couple of Service rifles and..... and.... and

John..
    John, what did you buy today ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    John, what did you buy today ?

Haven't been today John, In fact i've not been for a few weeks as the wife's been unwell..

I generally stop going when the weather deteriorates, most of them round here don't even open when it's been raining as cars normally get stuck!!

As far as I know, Oldcotes will still be on but i've done 'til next year..

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

A few years ago I found a very tidy FWB Sport with a Tasco 2-7x32AG. I got it for £100.

Well, it was a few years ago.

No luck since. My latest find was a Webley badge@ £3. The type they used to give away with tokens found in their pellet tins.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I once bought a surf board from a boot sale nr Hereford for £10. Who the heck goes surfing nr Hereford??

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    A few years ago I found a very tidy FWB Sport with a Tasco 2-7x32AG. I got it for £100.

Well, it was a few years ago.

No luck since. My latest find was a Webley badge@ £3. The type they used to give away with tokens found in their pellet tins.

ATB
    Ian
    Mmm......a Tazzie 2-7x33AG........Nyyyyce !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Mmm......a Tazzie 2-7x33AG........Nyyyyce !
    A Jap one at that!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I was offered a FWB 127 a few weeks ago, the bloke wanted £180 for it, condition was 'as new' but no scopes, just a slip, I only had around £130 in my pocket

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Talking Car Boot Finds?

My lucky find occurred about 20 yrs ago at a car boot sale at Banham Zoo in Norfolk UK. I was about to depart after a somewhat unproductive day when I picked up a boxed VGC Walther LP53 air pistol complete with extra sight inserts, wood cocking knob, and steel cleaning rod. Unfortunately, I haven't had that kind of luck since I moved back to the States.

Car boot finds

None for us when we used to go to them, just "other peoples tat" by the time we got there. But a couple of years go a freind rang me from one & asked if I was interested in a scope he'd seen , "It says made in berlin west germany on it"-" are the lenses scratched"-"no it's in working order"- "how much"- "lady wants £20 for it"- "buy it". He turned up with a pecar champion 8x45 for £15! I happily gave him £20 for his trouble!

Unfortunately bootdays conflict with gundays for me. But my brother is a master of the art, he's bought radio ham stuff for next to nothing and sold it on for £hundreds, an old Leica with a stuck shutter (took him moments to free) was another £100 profit. While I'm out shooting my GF goes to bootsales and comes home with some great bargains, mostly clothes, although she has picked up some tins of pellets for me at next to nothing ...
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177

We dont have many car boot sales here in Norway.. but the Veteran Car club arranges one every spring and fall.

Took home a rusty old HW50s last spring, for 50nkr(thats about 5 gb pounds, worth it for the record trigger), and an old slavia 631 parts gun for my 630.

This fall I found a very nice mk3 super meteor, with the BSA scope attached and the original sights intact.

Those car boots are actually something i look forward to, I just love looking at all the people and all the weird stuff they bring!

Not airgun but found a guy at a boot sale with a load of Lee Enfield spares in unopened boxes and a pile of new butts, had a haggle and bought the lot. 5 butts for a tenner and a quid a box for the spares. He then produced a skeletonised No 4 armourers action minus magazine £50 and it went in the bag . Two stalls down was a sectioned Enfield mag got that for 8 quid , good day sold all the stuff on the Bay which more than covered the outlay on the action
    Careful with that axe Eugene

Absolutely nothing. But it gladdens my heart to read about others who find bargains..NOT!
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

I've had my share of success so can't complain

Not a car boot sale exactly, but I did get a good BSA Air Rifle once from a house clearance auction. I noticed it in the auction, and put on a blind bid for not a lot of money. Ended up getting the gun, and didnt even notice what I had for a couple of days - Then when I did my eye's nearly popped out of my head!!

The rest is history........

Lakey

Well what was it??????????