Thread: LJ Sight Protector

LJ Sight Protector

On the bay.

At this price I'd want the gun with it as well....

http://www./itm/VINTAGE-LINCOLN-JEFF...item19e40d0dde

Lee

Hello,

I would estimate the cost of an original LJ Foresight Protector to be in the region of £50-£70 maybe more, so the current bid of £33 still has some way to go in my opinion anyway.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 03-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

I would estimate the cost of an original LJ Foresight Protector to be in the region of £50-£70 maybe more, so the current bid of £33 still has some way to go in my opinion anyway.

Regards

Brian
    It had quite a lot further to go, Brian. It sold for £194.88! Can you Adam and Eve it?!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    It had quite a lot further to go, Brian. It sold for £194.88! Can you Adam and Eve it?!
    Hi Danny,

Gobsmacked doesn't even come near !

I noted an oblong pre-war orange .22 Webley pellet tin and a small round orange sectored .177 tin like the one you have both fetched over £70 plus postage.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 03-11-2013 at 08:50 PM.

The world has gone mad. You could buy a decent LJ rifle for that sort of money.!
    I actualy believe that the world went mad some years ago.....when a footballer is paid 10 times more than a brain/ heart surgeon..come on.!

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    The world has gone mad. You could buy a decent LJ rifle for that sort of money.!
    I actualy believe that the world went mad some years ago.....when a footballer is paid 10 times more than a brain/ heart surgeon..come on.!

Pete.
    Hello Pete,

I guess if you are an LJ collector who has everything but an original foresight protector the price may seem irrelevant. After all I guess there are far more surviving LJ rifles out there than there are original foresight protectors.

Regards

Brian

Well I suppose for a rare item for someone, when you got to have it.

The money burning a hole in their pocket.

They had to have it, to make their gun look perfect.

Ah well I'm only jealous, good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Pete,

I guess if you are an LJ collector who has everything but an original foresight protector the price may seem irrelevant. After all I guess there are far more surviving LJ rifles out there than there are original foresight protectors.

Regards

Brian
    That is true Brian, but I must be living in a different world . It would take me a very long time to save up £193 , then if I were given a choice of buying a nice pre war beesa rifle or a small piece of bent tin for the same money, ......well you get the picture.
    I think the only person well healed enough to pay that sort of money would be a footballer.!
    Pete.

The sad fact is that the rifles are "10 a penny" compared to the firesight protectors. All the people who feel that the price is ludicrous = 'Show me another LJ foresight protector for sale right now' I seriously doubt you would find one.

Another similar example is the cardboard boxes that the pre-war BSA's came in. Anyone even seen one ? I never have, so if a genuine one came up on the collectors market it would go for an utterly insane sum of money (for a cardboard box!!)

Rarety always comes at a price - Simple market forces at work (scarce item + few serious collectors after it = high prices)

Lakey

A word of caution relating to the reported rarity and consequent potential value of these items from an acknowledged expert (obviously not me) who has come across at least a dozen or so of them always blued and on L.J. rifles; rather than B.S.A's down the years.

I guess some things will always be worth what somebody is willing to pay, but at least we should be aware that sellers descriptions may not always be entirely accurate when describing an items comparative rarity.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 04-11-2013 at 05:07 PM.