Thread: 3 old Pistols

3 old Pistols

A collegue at work who's in the process of sorting out his house ready for a move happened to mention that he had a couple of old Air Pistols, I then said that I always fancied a Webley Tempest as a few of my friends had then when growing up. My work colleague said two of his were Webleys and I was more than welcome to have them all!
    Looking at them they're all fairly old, I'm guessing he had them as a child so would have been 50's-60's. I would like to give him some money for them as I'm sure they're worth something, could anyone give me a rough idea of value please. He also gave me an early looking airgun, I think it's a Diana 1.77.

Hello,

I would estimate the value of the pistols as follows:

Post-war Webley Mk1 (top picture) £40-£60.

Post-war Series 2 Webley Junior (middle picture) nice two tone finish so again £40-£60.

Diana (bottom picture) £10-£20

These are estimated retail prices so I guess you might reasonably pay a bit less as the pistols were offered as a gift.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    A collegue at work who's in the process of sorting out his house ready for a move happened to mention that he had a couple of old Air Pistols, I then said that I always fancied a Webley Tempest as a few of my friends had then when growing up. My work colleague said two of his were Webleys and I was more than welcome to have them all!
    Looking at them they're all fairly old, I'm guessing he had them as a child so would have been 50's-60's. I would like to give him some money for them as I'm sure they're worth something, could anyone give me a rough idea of value please. He also gave me an early looking airgun, I think it's a Diana 1.77.

The Webleys are each worth £40 or £50, or thereabouts, the Milbro/Diana maybe a tenner. So yes, you should probably give him something!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

l would have to agree with the above values but probably more towards the topend figures hope this helps regards,
    Mick.

Thank you for the information Brian, Mick and Garvin. It looks as if i'll be buying him a beer or three as a thank you!
    I've just had a closer look at the air rifle he's given me. It's not a Diana, it's a Webley Ranger 1.77 so that's probably worth a couple of quid as well!
    Thanks again guys.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd agree with the values above except I'd say the lower value (£40) for the rusty Mk1