Thread: mint boxed tempest

mint boxed tempest

Hi all, I have this mint boxed Webley tempest to sell and was wondering what it would be valued at in this mint origional condition,
    thanks in advance, Dave

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/ukgu...bley%20tempest

Mint, Dave?

The white writing is worn, and the cross hatching on the barrel looks rusty brown.

You can't come into 'collector's corner' and expect to get away with that!

£100 quid... maybe a little more if its .177 is my guess.

HTH - Phil

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Snigger...

Valuation seems on the money as well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by guntoting View Post
    Hi all, I have this mint boxed Webley tempest to sell and was wondering what it would be valued at in this mint origional condition,
    thanks in advance, Dave

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/ukgu...bley%20tempest
    Hi Dave,

I bought an almost new condition .177 Tempest from a Dealer at a recent Arms Fair for £110. The pistol was also in its original box including trigger adjustment key etc. As this was via the trade, I would suggest £70-£80 would be a more realistic price for your pistol in a private transaction.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 10-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.

The white lettering takes a fair bit of handing to wear off like that so it may have been well loved but it has seen some action so the sort of prices advised here are around about what I would expect to pay for a nice clean Tempest like yours, but then I would want to buy a new plastic front with nice clean lettering to smarten it up.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

mint boxed Webley tempest .mint origional condition,???

Hardly that but still worth in the region of £70

ATB
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi Dave,

I bought an almost new condition .177 Tempest from a Dealer at a recent Arms Fair for £110. The pistol was also in its original box including trigger adjustment key etc. As this was via the trade, I would suggest £70-£80 would be a more realistic price for your pistol in a private transaction.

Regards

Brian
    THIS^ have bought quite a few last 18 months, most mint, couple unfired, top price of £120[posted] in the picture box,this one as above.

Thank you every one, I have not actually seen the pistol but will advise my friend to put it up for sale at £100

A few years back, 5yrs, there was a run of mint/new Tempests in the brown boxes. Probably the last large batch of British made ones. They went for about £120. Bargain really.
    Not mint but nice condition then £80-100 as they remain great little shooters. Well used then £50, and tatty even less.
    Said this before, I have a pair, one in each calbre, and they are one of my favourite plinking pistols. Until run in they all twist in the hand and shoot off to the right (beyond rear sight parameters), but they sure can group. Much better than the Hurricane or Tempest to shoot.. cracking little pistol.

Hardly ''mint''. £70-£80 seems about right.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.