Thread: BSA Juvenile valuation.

BSA Juvenile valuation.

Could anyone give me an idea of the value of this rifle which I believe is a BSA Juvenile. It requires a re - blue although not pitted it has lost most of its original finish. The stock plug is missing. I believe the rear sight may not be original in that I think was supposed to have a folding leaf sight. I have seen the previous thread re the one at auction but an idea of this rifles value would be appreciated. Thanks Tim

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9427154...57638642471785

something wrong

Hello there
    Something does not ring true with this rifle. Firstly let me say that, that type of sight will not fit where a folding leaf one once did, the folding leaf of the second pattern junior which we will for the sake of argument call the juvenile was much bigger down the length of the barrel, so unless the barrel has been welded and re-dovetailed, that sight would not fit, the stock does not look like a 11 1/4" stock either. Difficult to see the cylinder diameter but on a positive note it does look to have an interesting front sight, and needs further investigation by someone in the know.
    kind regards
    Eric

How long is the rifle, Tim? And if you can measure the diameter of the cylinder, that would help.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for the above. It might not be a Juvenile ? This could be interesting. I'll have to go back and have another look but it won't be until next week. Just had a look in John Knibbs book. Serial No 64953 manufactured Nov 1912/Nov 1914. Mostly light patterns. 80 Standards. 3 Junior patterns with side button cocking levers.
    Last edited by erichtfisherman; 13-12-2013 at 08:15 PM.

trigger guard

Tim
    For you information, it also has a post WWI trigger guard fitted made from tin plate as opposed to the usual cast guard, which again is not correct for that gun and at least one wrong screw in the trigger guard.
    Its all down to price, if you can get it cheap enough, get it, but beware of paying junior prices for what looks like a light pattern and don't be misled, it might be worth buying for that front sight, depending what it is.
    rgds
    Eric