Thread: Seasons greetings etc

Seasons greetings etc

Seasons greetings to everyone in collectables and best wishes for the new year.

Collectables has been a lively place in '13 and let's hope it continues that way in '14. This remains one of the best, fastest-moving meeting places for collectable airguns in the world. Plenty of banter from the newer members and while some of the 'older' members are perhaps quieter than they have been, they're all still around - and when their expertise is needed, they come forward.

One thing I've really noticed this year is how widely the collectables net is cast on this BBS, covering fabulous, museum-quality airguns from the early part of the last century, but also catering for collectors of more modest guns dating from the 1970s, '80s and even the '90s. It's a great thing that a forum like this can accommodate such diversity without having to worry about upsetting its 'core readership' - because there ain't one!

Thanks as always go to Gareth, Jim, and the other mods for their careful, light-touch modding of this section...

Here's to seeing you all in 2014.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Seasons greetings to everyone in collectables and best wishes for the new year.

Collectables has been a lively place in '13 and let's hope it continues that way in '14. This remains one of the best, fastest-moving meeting places for collectable airguns in the world. Plenty of banter from the newer members and while some of the 'older' members are perhaps quieter than they have been, they're all still around - and when their expertise is needed, they come forward.

One thing I've really noticed this year is how widely the collectables net is cast on this BBS, covering fabulous, museum-quality airguns from the early part of the last century, but also catering for collectors of more modest guns dating from the 1970s, '80s and even the '90s. It's a great thing that a forum like this can accommodate such diversity without having to worry about upsetting its 'core readership' - because there ain't one!

Thanks as always go to Gareth, Jim, and the other mods for their careful, light-touch modding of this section...

Here's to seeing you all in 2014.

Here, Here and a very merry Christmas to all who maintain or contribute to this excellent forum.

Regards

Brian

Merry Christmas to all who make the Collectables section one of the best things on the internet. A very Merry Christmas to all those who have helped organise events for collectors in 2013. Let's look forward to more great events in 2014.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    All the best to one and all!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Bumhug

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Bumhug
    Yeah, I've heard Scrooge mentioned a few times by people trying to bargain with you, Peter.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Yeah, I've heard Scrooge mentioned a few times by people trying to bargain with you, Peter.
    Tee hee heeee ... That has made me chuckle . Merry Christmas to all in Collectors Corner.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

cheers Danny,we've made it through another year;all the best to all mems of undoubtedly the best forum on the net.i didnt think i would be adding much to my collection this year but that resolution seems to have fallen by the wayside running from an early militia with a rare parker hale ladder sight to my first example of a mk1 alecto and as a complete contrast a webley stinger ,even gone back to throwing my leg over a two wheeled monster .hope the new year brings good health and happiness to you all. bob.
    ps as mentioned big thank you to the mods for their light but firm touch !!!
    ps anyone remember that xmas a year or two ago when the mods indulged us with a section on "airgunners and their knitting "what a hoot! funny how much input there was on that one ,being a crochet man myself i wasnt interested;o those winter nights just fly by!!
    i did just notice danny you hold a two month seniority over me in join date not to mention double the posts any idea whos the big kahuna on here who holds the earliest join date?.excluding mods.
    i dont agree with any of those comments in regards to petes err care/caution with money ,the fact i saw tea bags pegged to his washing line for reuse is purely with environmental concerns in mind.
    Last edited by red bob; 17-12-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

All the best to you and yours.
    All I want for Christmas is some good shooting weather!

Clear off you lot, I am trying to count over here and I think, I have dropped a decimal point due to my fingers being cold......

Chuck another Relum on the fire Dear.

A happy Christmas all BBS members, and many thanks to all those that give up their time to help with airgun events across the country. and may 2014 be a good collecting year.

HUMBUG!

No doubt all of you will want to take the full day off work for Christmas? If you really must deprive your masters of a days labour then have the decency to return to work early on boxing day, and graft that bit harder in gratitude for your masters generosity!
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

All the best,

from the bottom of the world!Trev

Well I cant beat Trevors "Merry Christmas from the bottom of the world" but I can say Merry Christmas from the "bottom of the country" (any further south and you get your feet wet!!, and I dont count the Isle of Wight - As thats Abroad!!)
    Sadly commitments at work have meant that I have not spent as much time on here as I would have liked, but Merry Christmas to everyone that regularly frequent the 'collectors Lounge' and massive thankyou to Gareth and the rest of the mods for all their hard work throughout the year.

Good luck to all in 2014 !!

Lakey