Thread: Hw55t

Hw55t

Lots of interest in HW55T it seems,seen an add for one with Tyrolean stock at £450.00 good condition but forgot to check age of add though nice & collectable is this a realistic price for this model?

There are not too many of them about and they continue to be in demand so if it really is good then it could well command that sort of price and I can see somebody paying it as well.

It must be said that there will also be bargains if you are lucky enough to find yourself in the right place at the right time but finding one for less than £350 is getting to be more and more difficult so maybe £450 is what they are going to sell for now?

The same old maxim applies - it is only worth what somebody will pay for it and if somebody will pay £450 then the price is what it is.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

And worth everey penney as far as I am concerned. I first saw one at age 14 in 1979 and I finally got one for myself this September, it was worth the wait 100%.

Well it could be that the sum of £450.00 is the price to be,for me i think £350.00 -£400.00 to be about on the money for a good one & absolute tops at £450.00 for one in near mint condition.Like the rifle never had one & would like to add a HW55T to the collection.Will keep looking cheers Mick.

Hw55t

A friend of mine had one a few months ago..near mint complete with open sights for £375 and no interest???? Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    A friend of mine had one a few months ago..near mint complete with open sights for £375 and no interest???? Mach 1.5
    If he still has it for sale maybe he could try putting it for sale here on the BBS and try again?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I got mine a month or so ago.

1966 model with shrouded barrel but no sights.

It needs a reblue, an internal rebuild, and it now turns out that it may have the HW35-type "leaky breech" problem which is a real bugger

Once I have it sorted I will have spent between 450 and 500 quid in total and that's without any sights...

If you can find a minty one for 400-ish then it's worth every penny IMO

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.