Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
Many Thanks Steve, what lube are you using? Have been out this morning with a couple of mates to fetch one of thems new rifle from Chartris so called
in on another shop near Warboys to have a butchers and what do i spot but a brand new Lyman 577611 mold. Half the price iv seen on the web so sorted.
Have made some up this afternoon so good to go tomorrow. Iv only got wonderlube to hand but would be interested to know what you folks are using?? Tim
Since the late 1970's I've been using an emulsified hand/skin cream called E45 - I've mentioned it here about 300,000,000 times, but I guess that you somehow missed it.

Being water-based, it not only takes all the crud with it, but washes away easily at the end of the day. I use this when I run out of my more usual ALOX. I really can't be assed to make up my usual gunk, a 50/50 mix of beeswax and neetsfoot oil that sets semi-hard.

To be useable in the Musketoon, the bullet needs to be 1 or 2 thou undersized, so that it loads with thumb-pressure hence the instruction 'thumb a 535gr Minié bullet into the muzzle...'

However, I'm prepared to be corrected, even after shooting my Musketoon since 1976 or so.

tac