Quote Originally Posted by DJP
As for telling you not to shoot in your own backyard, we all know that's cr@p. But I can see why he said it: He knows it's not you but OTOH he's got Mr Nosybonk phoning up every five minutes complaining. He's just trying to find a solution that keeps everyone happy.
Sorry Dave, but that is total gonads. This incompetent plod's bully-boy tactic may well be calculated to keep the timewasting neighbour happy and make his own life easier, but hardly has that effect on poor Jase, does it? To put it in perspective, if there is a malicious neighbour wasting police time and perjuring himself because he has a problem with Jase plinking, quite legally, in the garden - who the hell is in the wrong? Sounds to me like typical go-for-the-easy-target policing

Quote Originally Posted by DJP
You could write to the local Superintendent, but really I can't see the point: You haven't been nicked, your guns haven't been seized and your rights haven't been infringed.
But you have been "leant on", quite improperly, by a police officer when you were doing nothing wrong. Last time I looked, Britain wasn't (quite, just yet) a police state; ergo I'd call this a pretty bl00dy offensive infringement of Jase's "rights".

Ho-hum

Adrian