Thread: Longest range for Pistols?

Longest range for Pistols?

What's the longest range you shoot your pistol?
    I go out to 25 or 30yds for 1" spinners - hard but very satisfying.
    Has anyone tried long range pistol shooting off a bean bag?

50 yards, big targets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    What's the longest range you shoot your pistol?
    I go out to 25 or 30yds for 1" spinners - hard but very satisfying.
    Has anyone tried long range pistol shooting off a bean bag?
    I wouldn't be able to see the 1" target at those ranges!!! At 20ft my smallest spinner (3/4") is pretty much blocked out by my front post if held over it, so I use that as my distance. After that I might as well just go to the bin and pour the tin of pellets in and save myself a lot of trouble! This is one handed pistol. I don't use two hands much. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Ahh well, I allow myself two hands at long ranges.
    I find the fibre optic sights on the HW40 really help, I use a bent elbow stance to deliberately blur the front and rear sights and the glowing front bead sort of hovers below the target.

The pistol I just bought was designed to be shot one handed at 50M. The bull is about 50mm and the 9 ring is about 100 mm. Not even top shooters will hold the 10 ring and I have seen them drop to as low as a 8 in some finals.

I wouldn't put my self in that class but I managed a 89 last night with about 4 10's on a scaled target at 20 yards
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

with my hw 45 i would shoot 50y and hit a bell target that was about the size of a clenched fist 3-4 times out of ten shots,never really practised enough with that gun though.soon replaced it with a diana lp8 magnum that was more accurate

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    We were shooting at a lasered 157 yards today with the 45!

Ok, so the target was a branch sticking out of a pond and it required us to pick an aim point on a tree halfway up a distant hill to get close, but it provided a good afternoons fun and we hit it quite a few times...
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    We were shooting at a lasered 157 yards today with the 45!
    Don't let Mick see this, Tinny. Otherwise he'll be placing the Quigley for the pistols at the same 75 yards as he did for rifles last year!!!

Good shooting boy!!!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Alecto, red dot sight, bottom of tin cans at about 60 metres I need two hands and a post to lean against, but on a good day I can manage about 7 or 8 out of 10. Good fun!
    BSA Lightning XL SE GRT project. Webley Alecto 0.177. Relum Super Tornado rescue dog