Thread: blue tin wasps 5.6

blue tin wasps 5.6

I' going to have a clear out of all my older stuff and I have just found two tins of Eley wasp 5.6 blue tins they are full tins, one tin lid mentions the name Kynoch the other fabrique en angleterre , are these worth more than the original asking price of £2.50 ?
    thanks Graham.

The made in England ones sound like the last format under the Eley brand, but a photo will help. Assuming it is, maybe £7 for the tin. The Kynoch ones are a different matter and will certainly be more collectible. Price for those? Dunno -how good is the condition? That'll have a major bearing on the price...

Quote Originally Posted by grezoor View Post
    I' going to have a clear out of all my older stuff and I have just found two tins of Eley wasp 5.6 blue tins they are full tins, one tin lid mentions the name Kynoch the other fabrique en angleterre , are these worth more than the original asking price of £2.50 ?
    thanks Graham.
    Bring em to the Melbourne airgun fayre a week on Saturday Graham, you owe me a pint anyway....!!!!
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Bring em to the Melbourne airgun fayre a week on Saturday Graham, you owe me a pint anyway....!!!!
    Pete.
    See you there Pete ,I've a very nice Chinese under lever you'll be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    The made in England ones sound like the last format under the Eley brand, but a photo will help. Assuming it is, maybe £7 for the tin. The Kynoch ones are a different matter and will certainly be more collectible. Price for those? Dunno -how good is the condition? That'll have a major bearing on the price...
    Thanks, I'll see if I can get a picture or two on here I've a ton of other pellets going back over the decades that might be of interest to the guys on here as well
    cheers Graham.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=159

The right hand tin is the collectable one.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=159

The right hand tin is the collectable one.

HTH
    Ian
    Thanks Ian I have two of the tins on the right in your picture and two with name Kynoch on them, any idea of the value of them so that I can offer them for sale on here.
    cheers Graham

IMO, these will fetch £15 - £20 each plus post. But.. I have been known to be wrong, haven't I....!!
    So wait for a second opinion.
    Pete.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    IMO, these will fetch £15 - £20 each plus post. But.. I have been known to be wrong, haven't I....!!
    So wait for a second opinion.
    Pete.
    As Pete says, if Eley / Kynoch with a Brummie postcode, they have been known to nudge £20 on that auction site when the pellets are still in perfect condition and a full tin. I have also seen them go for as little as £11 for the exact same thing. Prices realized on that site are dependent on many factors, especially the end time of the auction, with items ending on Sunday evenings normally fetching more for the simple reason that more people have access to a computer (obviously during the week in working hours there are less).

I personally think most people buy these to shoot in older guns, as empty tins are normally only £2-3 to buy, and most collectors value the tin or box most, with the contents being a bonus, but not the vast majority of the value overall.

However, fleabay realized prices, and what you may get say face to face at the fayre may not be the same, at the last fayre I was lucky to get one tin for a fiver, but still happy to pay £10 for a second tin from a different seller.

I have accumulated a good stock at present, so normally would only buy myself if £10 or less if I needed any more (which I don't)...someone else may well pay more, so I would say obviously you will get more (all things being equal) if you sell them on line.

ATB, Ed