Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my collection of webley pistols so far

Here is my senior in .22 I just bought from this forum lpve it shoots well and cocks smootly

Some say the Premier trigger is better, but the Senior is my favourite Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Some say the Premier trigger is better, but the Senior is my favourite Pistol
    The Premier does at least retain the trigger adjustment arrangement similar to that available on the Mk1.

It does seem that the Senior triggers can vary a bit, but I have never had one that was particularly bad.

Regards

Brian

Trigger good can't tell difference to premier I owned only difference I can see is premier five pin round trigger senior only three and senior has groves cut in grip frame premier smooth and inside senior metal piston ring

Quote Originally Posted by smallholder1 View Post
    Trigger good can't tell difference to premier I owned only difference I can see is premier five pin round trigger senior only three and senior has groves cut in grip frame premier smooth and inside senior metal piston ring
    The difference in triggers boils down to the Premier's being adjustable and the Senior's being set at the factory. The sears of the two pistols are quite different both in looks and function. Yes, the Senior could have a heavier pull and occasionally some have been known to creep but as has been pointed out, they are not "bad" triggers and quite acceptable. If push comes to shove, I think the Premier's has the edge (for me anyway) as it offers a lighter and shorter pull. This is particularly noticeable if both pistols are compared side by side using a single hand match style stance.

I would hate to have to choose between them and would not give up either pistol easily.

John

Me neither