Thread: BSA DS Supersport or Lightening?

BSA DS Supersport or Lightening?

Hi Chaps,

Earlier today I started to catalogue my rifles and pistols, I only have a small collection so I thought that it would not take long. Wrong.

I have a BSA marked DS19731....my list of numbers does not have DS on it so I went on the web but nothing fits the description for my .22 rifle which is 38" long and the barrel length is 15". There is a barrel weight on the end. Also a safety on the right of the compression tube but no seperate scope mount, just grooves. The stock seems like nice dark wood (walnut perhaps?) and it has a ventilated butt pad.

Any ideas?

I do not want to take off the same period scope as I have nowhere to re zero this rifle yet.

Thanks in advance

I had a Supersport in about 1995, number DS28207 I think, .22. The stock was beech but looked really nice (no idea how they did it!). Yours sounds like the Supersport Carbine, I'm no expert though.

Matt

For information, my Supersport I bought new in 1995, also has a DS prefix to the serial number, Dave
    BSA First batch, Breakdown, Cadet major, Meteors, Mercurys, Airsporters, Supersport, Superstar, Lightning XL, HW80, Logun S16 mk1, Webley Junior rifle, Relum Tornado, Webley mk1 pistol, ASI Centre pistol, Crosman Medalist 1322.

Thanks Chaps,

It may well be a supersport but at 38 inches is too small even for the carbine version according to the Blue Book. I may have to take off the scope and see what lies beneath

It says Supersport...metal trigger. Has anyone anymore information?