Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 600 grips

Crosman 600 grips

A bit of a long shot this one.

I dropped -aaaarghhh - my 600 onto a concrete floor and cracked a grip - it broke into three pieces. It is the one with thumb rest on the safety catch side. I have superglued it back together and it works but does not look great.

The only ones for sale seem to be in America and they don't ship to the UK. If anyone knows where I can get some (happy to buy a pair) original, wood or left handed (I am left handed but am happy to shoot with my right) please let me know.

Thanks.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    JG Airguns in the states do them singley and do ship to the UK

http://www.jgairguns.biz/catalog/ind..._89_154&page=4
    Excellent thank you.

I have ordered 4 grips so now I will have both left and right handed options. I shudder to tell you how much this cost - $150 - $50 of which is postage!!!!!!.

This pistol is costing me a fortune but hey at the end of the day it will be worth the fun. I like the idea of swapping grips I am more or less ambidextrous and can swap eyes and hands in all combinations without thought or loss of (in)accuracy.

Once again my thanks.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Make your own fella..

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

600 parts

Some pretty impressive prices on the jg list. I have a collection of 600 parts and have wondered what the values would be today. $25 for a single grip side? Might be time to start selling.

The 600 is, to my knowledge, the only model that Crosman offered a lefthand grip version. No such thing for the Mark !/!!. They also supplied the repair shops with a tall front sight blade.

Note" The V-300 pistol used the same grips as the 600. No raised thumb though, using the flat-sided grip on both sides.

The most prized 600 grips are the grey ones only seen on the 677 Plink-O-Matic.

Regarding it being "worth it?" As we all know, no other air gun ever made does what the 600 does. That it was first made over 50 years ago just adds to how special this gun really is. Could it be made today in China? I doubt it. Crosman engineering quizzed me about what pictures I might have of 600 production. I had some but not what they were looking for. It seems that after looking at how the 600 was made, Crosman couldn't figure out how it was done. Reverse engineering the model 160 is nothing. Reverse engineering the model 600 would be a very different story. Plus, I suspect that the retail price for a remanufactured 600 would far exceed the current selling price on the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    The 600 is, to my knowledge, the only model that Crosman offered a lefthand grip version. No such thing for the Mark !/!!.
    Actually, Crosman did indeed offer left hand grips for the Crosman Mk I/II.
    Available in the brown swirl for the Mk I, and in plain black for the Mk II.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post
    Actually, Crosman did indeed offer left hand grips for the Crosman Mk I/II.
    Available in the brown swirl for the Mk I, and in plain black for the Mk II.
    Can't recall ever seeing anything from Crosman on this. Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Some of JG's prices are not too bad, I bought a new receiver casting for my M1 and that was only about $12 which I thought was cheap...the killer was the postage - but when I queried the cost I was offered a vastly cheaper rate although it was at my risk with regard to loss or damage...I took the option as the postage would have more than doubled the order value and still got parts OK.
    I guess the OP could have done the same with the single grip he actually needed, but he got seduced by the leftie ones on offer...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Some of JG's prices are not too bad, I bought a new receiver casting for my M1 and that was only about $12 which I thought was cheap...the killer was the postage - but when I queried the cost I was offered a vastly cheaper rate although it was at my risk with regard to loss or damage...I took the option as the postage would have more than doubled the order value and still got parts OK.
    I guess the OP could have done the same with the single grip he actually needed, but he got seduced by the leftie ones on offer...
    I was looking for a spare magazine for my Crosman 400 and, like you, thought the price from JG was reasonable but was put off by the $50 shipping fee which doubled the cost of the part.

I too have been put off by the seemingly exorbitant carriage charges imposed by some US sellers, but on several occasions I've queried these charges, and ended up paying significantly less by the vendors agreeing to use alternative posting methods. The items may sometimes take a little longer to get here, but none have been urgently required anyway.

It's interesting to hear that Crosman had actually considered the re-introduction of the '600', but hardly surprising the prospective cost put them off, although I am surprised they didn't have sufficient drawings in their archives.

I picked up a boxed Crosman 600 from the Bisley Arms Fair last Sunday and look forward to putting it through some basic functionality tests as well as a placing few pellets through the Chrono this weekend.

Iv'e managed to get hold of couple of tins of Webley Verminpel pellets which I am advised are best suited to the 600 although, I may try a few RWS Hobby which are my normal .22 pellet of choice.

This pistol represents something a bit different from my preferred 'Springers', although I do have a Drulov Condor which is far more target orientated and of course in .177.

Regards

Brian

Was looking out for you but only clue was your forum name!

At 6 yards 10 shots from a zeroed 600 will leave a large hole in a paper target where the bull used to be.
    20 yard tin cans should be easy too.
    You should be amused and a bit scared!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Was looking out for you but only clue was your forum name!

At 6 yards 10 shots from a zeroed 600 will leave a large hole in a paper target where the bull used to be.
    20 yard tin cans should be easy too.
    You should be amused and a bit scared!
    Sorry our paths didn't cross at Bisley. Perhaps we could arrange a rendezvous with other BBS members who may attend the Phoenix meeting in May. Maybe we could all meet at a particular place and time so that we can put faces to forum names.

I will let you know how I get on with the 600 after its weekend outing.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Can't recall ever seeing anything from Crosman on this. Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something.
    I'm sure that you have probably got a specimen of the Crosman "Bullshooters" full page advert on file:

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...ShootersAd.jpg

This is the only pic that I could find quickly, and unfortunately the print is not very clear, but under the "Grips" heading, it does state that left hand grips are available for both models.
    I have representative NOS samples of the left hand grips, in both the brown swirl and all-black in my collection.

To the OP - my apologies for getting a bit off topic.

Puzzled

Wonder what part of the 600 Crosman are puzzled by?It's a pretty modular item????