Our club inherited an old electric target turner, which has lain dormant for about 10 years and I am now trying to return it to service.

The control mechanism is labelled as being made by a firm called " Jackcast", and is designed to run on a 12v car battery. it has press buttons for "Face", "Edge", and "On/Off", with dials to change the time for turn, wait,and the number of rounds, and a red indicator light.

I have connected it up and trying simple button-press operations using "Face" and "Edge" buttons worked great, it turns and resets fine, but when setting the dials for a cycle and pressing the "Start" button, the red light flashes and nothing else.

I think this is a "Pilot Error" problem, but anyone out there with experience of these or similar machines who can advise me - any info at all you can give would be gratefully accepted. Obviously the Holy Grail would be a copy of the operating instructions, but I cannot find the firm on the internet, so I guess they ceased trading years ago. All I have been told is that it worked perfectly before we were given it.

Waiting for any help you can offer........