Thread: Pre-War BSA project

Pre-War BSA project

ok guys iv restored a fair few rifles. But im going blind atm i have a Old BSA coming tomorrow and ive been told its Pre-War. until it gets here im out of sorts. are there any guys on here who will be able to help me with advice with it. im going to restore it and donate all funds to target sports once it has been restored. ill post pics as soon as it gets here. iv seen a pic of it and it looks like its been in a swamp for 2 years. but i do like a good challenge. but as ive said im blind to what it is atm. ill post pics of the full restoration process. im even thinking of filming it for our YouTube channel

edbear2 Guest
    You have come to the best place!

Loads on here with experience in these, but don't dive in and start cleaning until you get some pics up, as you can half or more the value of one of these by over restoring them. Most collectors prefer them "honest", and initially the most you should do is clean it carefully with fine wire wool and oil, no matter how bad it looks, you may get a surprise!

Here are a ton of links to various useful subjects you may be interested in;

http://www.network54.com/Forum/67044...w+to%27+guides

To get photos up, you need to have a flikr or photobucket etc. type free account, and post links, you cannot load photos direct here in the cobweb section

ATB, Ed