Thread: Webley Xocet Birmingham or Bursa?

Webley Xocet Birmingham or Bursa?

Hi All,

I have just acquired a Webley Exocet which wears its history on its err face. Still it is a thing of beauty and exudes a quality all of its own and I have wanted one for a long time (and it was cheap).

My question is how can I tell where it was manufactured....and will this help me date it? I have never come across a list of Webley numbers so if there is such a thing I would greatly appreciate a link. The markings all appear to be acid etched, not stamped and the number is 0806 05378, also what does the IR HT mean on the breach? 08 August? 06 the year?

Thanks in advance for any information, if the gun works I suppose it does not matter where it originated but I would prefer it was manufactured in Birmingham...can't think why?

If numbers arent white its not the recent turk.
    But even than, it can be an in between model.
    You sure the code is IR not TR which is turkey?
    I dont think webley had yearcodes on the actions..
    ATB,
    yana

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I always thought it had "Made in Birmingham" stamped on the side of the breech block, the Turkish ones didn't.

But I may be wrong.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Oh crap....it is a TR Oh well....the etching appears to be gold so it is not a newish one. Oh well I think it was cheap so I am not complaining (much). It will be fun to plink with it over the weekend!

Smile

love mine it is a brum one , smaul and bags of power ,found on car boot last year ,i just bought an excell and an old guy came over and told me
    a seller had just put a gun bag out ,and pionted me in the right direction,ther was a bissley bag on the floor i ran over and it had somthing inside ,hart racing i unzipped ,ther was a 22 mint xocet ,how much is this please ,£80 was the repliy,i had £65 on me so i put what i had in the sellers hand ,she was happy,and i was to.I walked on ,to hear her cal me back to give me a wax polish tin with over 1000 pettets in .Best day i had at the boot ,and will keep the gun to the day i pop off .

Bloody hell Splosh! I will have to go to more car boot sales!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    My local car boot sales won't allow any type of weapons to be sold on site

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Serial numbers on Turkish made Webley Air Rifles are in two blocks, the first being a date code comprising of month and year, so your Exocet was made in August 2006.

Thanks Trouble...definately Turkish....