Thread: Rogers and Spencer Hammer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Shooter View Post
    I take it that the component was imported from abroad then rather than a UK seller? I was originally going to purchase the hammer in the states, but after chatting to my FEO, I was told it is classed as a component part of a firearm and cannot be legally imported by an individual into the UK. I shall email them and see what response I get, many thanks!
    Take a look at this

the relevant sections are 82 to 85 and 95 to 98

This may also give you assistance Sections 15 16 18 35 and 36 are the relevant ones.

There appears to be no reason under UK law you cannot import the hammer from the US as your non commercial import for personal use should have the 'Domestic Authority' aspects covered by your license. The ITAR regulations may mean you have to jump through a number of legislative hoops (in terms of paperwork and a small processing cost) if the Feds have designated it under ITAR but it is unlikely to breach the $100 limit if it not specifically covered by ITAR.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by GaleForceEight; 18-06-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Added relevant information