Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
Now see, I'd finally made the decision to order the HW30 from Germany, then you post that ^^^ !

Seriously though Bob, Thank you for the advice You are probably right of course, but my dilemma is - if I'm going to be completely rubbish at rifle shooting (and I do have evidence of being terrible with a heavy rifle, standing), then the lightweight HW30 might be perfect for a bit of harmless 6 yard fun...

If I get a 'proper' match rifle, I'll want one in as good condition as possible (as I've no ambition to learn how to fix the complicated things, with all those springs and cogs inside). So I'd probably be spending £300 - £400. And that money may be better spent upgrading my pistol, as I am fairly sure I'll always prefer pistol shooting, and I'm (relatively) better at it!

However, a good condition classic target rifle will very likely hold it's value well...

This is what goes around in my mind. Again and again...
See if you can find a Haenel 312 - generally quite cheap - they are recoiling but it is so gentle you do not really notice and they are a very nice rifle. If the worst comes to the worst and 6yd is not for you slap a scope on it and you have a very accurate low power plinker...

I really rate mine as you can tell:-)

Frog