Thread: .20 quandry

.20 quandry

Evening gents

My mate got a nice brass Crossman pistol at Melbourne fair today. I've done some research for him and the cheapest pellets I can find are around £14 for 500 delivered.

Does anyone have any suggestions please as to where .20 pellets can be bought reasonably, preferably lighter weight ones I suspect will work better in his co2 pistol? Most of them seem to be heavyweight.

Thanks.

Andy

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    h&n ftts, from the likes of JSR, BAR or MAG

Bisley superfield 10.3 grain cheap enough in most shops

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Bisley superfield 10.3 grain cheap enough in most shops
    Is that the weight you got from weighing them Dave ? If so I will give these a bash.

Ive been trying to get hold of some H&N .20 Hollow points that weigh 9.9g but would you believe MAG would not sell me some, as it was via mail order.
    Hw77+7

Sorry just ad a check and there 11.39 god knows where ive got 10.3 from always had them down as 10.3 but there same weight as h&n again sorry lads

Hi,

I use H&N Field and Target Trophy .20 Pellets (11.9 grn) in my Benajmin / Sheridan EB20 which cost around £8.00 for 500 and perform well.

Although Sheridan pistols were all made in .20 in calibre, I would guess it's mainly a rifle calibre, so lightweight pellets won't all that common.

Regards

Brian

Thumbs down

I think the high price is due to the cost of delivery- the Post office prices are ridiculous these days and just recently we've had post opened, money stolen and post vanished all together

We've told the mum in law not to post cash but she still does

The service has gone downhill very badly these days, it seems that there are just too many crooks employed now

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I think the high price is due to the cost of delivery- the Post office prices are ridiculous these days and just recently we've had post opened, money stolen and post vanished all together

We've told the mum in law not to post cash but she still does

The service has gone downhill very badly these days, it seems that there are just too many crooks employed now

John
    In two local Post Offices I visited recently I heard them asking customers (and they asked me too) what was in the parcel, which I think is wrong. For one, I thought they weren't supposed to ask, and secondly, how do we know they're not on the lookout to tip someone off about articles in a parcel, either for illegal purposes, such as theft, or for their own political agenda, I think we've all heard tales of shooting-related items being destroyed because Royal Mail thinks they're illegal items

Quote Originally Posted by Oddbob08 View Post
    In two local Post Offices I visited recently I heard them asking customers (and they asked me too) what was in the parcel, which I think is wrong. For one, I thought they weren't supposed to ask, and secondly, how do we know they're not on the lookout to tip someone off about articles in a parcel, either for illegal purposes, such as theft, or for their own political agenda, I think we've all heard tales of shooting-related items being destroyed because Royal Mail thinks they're illegal items
    They ask at out PO now too for every parcel- they say they have to ask now

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

try using a subpost office ,our local one closed so we haveto travel to another village never been asked once,Me to busy chatting up the woman behind the counter it works
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    They ask at out PO now too for every parcel- they say they have to ask now

John
    I wonder if this is a new official policy? They all have posters up of what can't be sent, and apparently a lot of stuff goes through x-ray machines, so it should be on the customer to comply with the rules and not have to tell the counter staff what's in the parcel.

Hi,

Does anybody know if there are any flat head pellets available in .20 calibre ?

Regards

Brian