Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
Are there more crap Airsporters around than Mk 3s?
I ask this because the 3s I see tend to be in pretty good nick unlike the many battered Airsporters about.

Also what are the numbers made of each.
I presume more Airsporters?
Probably as the Airsporter was a better hunting tool, they got used (and abused more) ....One idea.

I like them both in their own way, have never found personally a big margin in accuracy between them in similar calibres / conditions. If I had to chose one of each calibre it would be a MK1 Airsporter in .22 and a toss-up between an early supertarget or Club Airsporter in .177, I would find the .177 choice really hard though.

The Webleys often have very nice Walnut stocks, and the trigger blade (for me) is better, and trigger action is also better if fettled, but I prefer the look, balance and shooting feel of the Airsporter.

I have owned and repaired more than one MK3 with cocking arm problems however (bent arm causing latching problems) and also the taps can occasionally have issues, so am not 100% convinced of the often mooted "ultimate" build quality, but then again the BSA can suffer from cracks in the three piece stock, but generally I consider it a more robust tool, and have had examples that had been abused dreadfully, but still worked well.

So for me personally the Airsporter (Mk1...I don't even like the MK2!) is the one to have if you only can have one.