Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
Buzz, I think you've either got hold of the wrong target, or the wrong size pellet.

If I place a pellet in the center of one of the 5 diagrams on the Air 7 card, I can clearly see the white 9 ring all the way around the pellet. That's how to score a 10.

More than around 1mm from dead center - the pellet will break the 9 ring. Scoring a 9.

As Zooma says - the rules is OUTWARD scoring. He should know, being the competition organiser.

HTH, but if you're still confused, take a photo of yours. And if you like, I'll take a photo of mine
Not trying to confuse the issue, your competition so your rules on scoring, however you are trying to use 'outward' scoring technique on a target that was designed for 'inward scoring. Technically, it's not possible to outward score a target that has a 10 ring smaller than the projectile being used.
No matter whether a target is scored 'inward' or 'outward' the 'boundary' for score change is the outside of the line e.g. for inward scoring, if the hole (or plug) touches the line the higher score is given and for outward scoring the high score prevails until the line is broken.