Thread: Post-War Cased Webley Senior

Post-War Cased Webley Senior

Noted this cased post-war Webley Senior coming up at Arthur Johnson & Son (Nottingham) 15th November sale.

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...earchitem=true

Iv'e come across a few pre-war canvas cased pistols, but haven't seen many of the post-war variant. Is this just me, or are they rarer than the extremely rare pre-war cases ?

Regards

Brian

blue or green

I thought the webley pistol cases inside baze are green not blue?

Both post war 'Rexine' cases I've seen have green lined interiors, and should have a large either black on gold or gold on black label in the lid, and both were slightly different in construction and inner layout, as well as having differing labels.
    I suspect the case shown has been relined, and it would appear the lid label is missing.
    I think they are scarcer than the pre-war canvas/leather cases, as the quality is not the same and fewer were sold, but in original condition, they still fetch similar prices when offered for sale.

case

Quote Originally Posted by troubledshooter View Post
    both post war 'rexine' cases i've seen have green lined interiors, and should have a large either black on gold or gold on black label in the lid, and both were slightly different in construction and inner layout, as well as having differing labels.
    I suspect the case shown has been relined, and it would appear the lid label is missing.
    I think they are scarcer than the pre-war canvas/leather cases, as the quality is not the same and fewer were sold, but in original condition, they still fetch similar prices when offered for sale.
    sold £150